Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How to add wpcf custom field to woocommerce products table

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I have created a custom field for woo products. It's a Toolset radio button field.

my field slug is "art-sold-status"

How can I add that field as a column to the Woo Products table?
Screenshot : hidden link

I found a tutorial online but don't know how to adapt the code to work with the toolset custom field.
Online tutorial: hidden link

Can you help, please?

Hello,

I assume the custom field "art-sold-status" is created with Toolset Types plugin, Types plugin will add prefix "wpcf-" before field slug, so in your custom PHP codes, you need to use field slug "wpcf-art-sold-status", for example:

get_post_meta( $product_id, 'wpcf-art-sold-status', true);

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/

when you are accessing custom fields through native WordPress functions, you need to prepend the wpcf- prefix to the slug. Continuing from the above example, for native WordPress function to access the “House Price” field, you need to use the wpcf-house-price slug.

Thanks for confirming the wpcf- part, Luo.

Would you be able to provide me a snippet to use in my website to add a new column for “art sold status” to the woo products page?

For example:

add_filter( 'manage_edit-product_columns', 'bbloomer_admin_products_visibility_column', 9999 );

function bbloomer_admin_products_visibility_column( $columns ){
   $columns['art-sold-status'] = 'art-sold-status';
   return $columns;
}

add_action( 'manage_product_posts_custom_column', 'bbloomer_admin_products_visibility_column_content', 10, 2 );

function bbloomer_admin_products_visibility_column_content( $column, $product_id ){
    if ( $column == 'art-sold-status' ) {
        $product = wc_get_product( $product_id );
      echo get_post_meta( $product_id, 'wpcf-art-sold-status', true);
    }
}
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.