Skip Navigation

[Resolved] How do I turn off comments on the individual post type page?

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 4 years ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Hide comments from toolset post type called "Mouldings"

Is there any documentation that you are following? no

Is there a similar example that we can see?
hidden link

This page has comments, but I'd like to turn them off for this post type entirely.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To disable comments from new and existing posts in a particular post type, you can follow these steps:

1. Please make sure that the "Comments" option is enabled in that post type's settings.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

2. Next, go to the post list of this post type in the admin area, and use bulk edit option to set comments to "Do not allow" for all existing posts.
( example screenshot: hidden link )

3. Once comments have been disabled for all existing posts, you can disable the comment option for this post type that was mentioned in step 1, so that they can't be turned on for future posts.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.