Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hola, cuando edito la estructura de campos, no graba los nuevos y me trae otra

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Our supporter for the Spanish language is on vacation, so I hope you won't mind a reply in English.

If a custom field group contains a lot of fields or fields with a lot of options and long text, saving new changes to it can get affected, depending on the server's configuration. In that case, it is recommended to distribute similar fields into multiple fields groups, instead of adding them all through a single field group.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hola, buen día
No logro solucionar el problema, tengo un grupo de datos llamado ferias que cuando intento agregar un campo a esta estructura, al grabar me cambia la estructura por otra con menos cantidad de campos que las reales que no se de donde toma esta estructura de campos reducida.
Nunca tuve problemas y a partir de esta nueva version de ToolSet no logro hacer esto de agregar campos a una estructura ya creada.
El sitio es hidden link

Gracias

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how these fields are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the information about the fields that are not saving properly?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing these details.

During troubleshooting, I noticed a couple of things on your website, which can be fixed to avoid this issue:

1. There are a number of plugins (including Toolset ones) that are not updated to the latest versions. Please make sure that WordPress, plugins, and the active theme are always up-to-date.

2. The following PHP server values are very low, considering the scale of the website:

PHP max input variables: 90
PHP memory limit: 256M
PHP post max size: 64M

You can get in touch with your hosting support team to increase them to higher values, for example:

PHP max input variables: 3000
PHP memory limit: 512M
PHP post max size: 256M

3. The fields groups that you mentioned included many fields and some of which also include long text.
( screenshot: hidden link )

As recommended in my first message, it is a good idea to create smaller field groups that contain 6-8 fields each and avoid using long text values in the field groups.

Please follow these recommendations and let me know how it goes.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.