Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hiding some custom fields on admin side when editing a post

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Backend screenshot of custom fields.PNG

Tell us what you are trying to do?

Hi, I have more custom fields displaying than I need on the admin side right now. I was helped before and shown how to hide select custom fields for a child post in this ticket (https://toolset.com/forums/topic/solution-for-not-using-repeating-fields-should-not-be-used-in-child-posts/). However, if possible, it would be great to also display only certain custom fields in the admin editor for the post as well (not just its child post). Is this possible?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/solution-for-not-using-repeating-fields-should-not-be-used-in-child-posts/

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

gear.JPG

Hello,

In WordPress admin side, when you edit a parent post, in the child post type relationship section, there is a "Gear" button, see screenshot gear.JPG, with it you can select/hide specific custom fields of child post type.

Parent Post Edit.PNG

Hi, thank you for your help. When editing the parent post and scrolling to the bottom of the page, I do not see the Gear button. Am I looking in the wrong place or is there an issue with my set up?

As I mentioned above, it is "when you edit a parent post", for example:
Dashboard-> Your parent post-> Find and edit a post.

If you need more assistance for it, please provide a test site with the same problem, also point out the problem post URL, private message box enabled. Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.