Skip Navigation

[Resolved] HIde the map on the main Search/View page

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 10 months, 3 weeks ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
HHHEalth-hidmap.JPG

Tell us what you are trying to do?
I've built out a directory for a hospital/healthcare system.
I've got a Search page here: hidden link
I've used a conditional block to 'hide' all items until after a search is performed.
I now need to hide the map until after a search is performed.

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Multiple posts in the Toolset Forums. Have watched some of the 'Lessons' as well and have not found a working solution.

Is there a similar example that we can see?
I don't think that's needed - it's pretty straightforward.

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

I've attached a screenshot of the page in the builder so you can see my current setup.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

conditional-statement-example.png

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

As your view's search is using the page refresh method to show the results, you can use the conditional block that checks for the existence of the search submit button's value in the URL.
( note that when the search is performed 'wpv_filter_submit=View+Results' URL parameter is added, along with the other ones )

You can wrap the map's block in another conditional block that has the following condition:
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-search-term )

NOT ( empty( '[wpv-search-term  param='wpv_filter_submit']') ) 

( example screenshot attached )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

THANK YOU!!! This was exactly what I needed and worked perfectly. I appreciate your quick and helpful response.
One other map related question:
If a search is performed and there are no results for that search - it shows a map of the African coast. Is there a way to hide map as well when they are no items in the search results?

Thank you!

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-hide-the-map-when-no-results-are-found/

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that my message helped.

I've created a separate ticket for your new question and will follow-up on that shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-hide-the-map-when-no-results-are-found/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.