Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hide button

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 27 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Anonymous 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Anonymous

I would like to wait for @emerson if it is possibile

OK, as you request, I reassign this ticket to Emerson.

1.jpg

HI Simone,
Sorry I was travelling abroad and went back home. I looked into your issue by cloning your site in my local. It's not a Toolset issue but its an issue with your code and the code you get from here: https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/questions/33063/how-to-change-default-position-of-wp-meta-boxes

This code looks working for me now.

/* METTI LA FEATURED IMAGE SOPRA IL TITOLO DEL POST */
add_action('do_meta_boxes', 'wpse33063_move_meta_box');
function wpse33063_move_meta_box(){
	//Remove featured meta box in its standard position
    remove_meta_box( 'postimagediv', 'post', 'side' );    
}
//Re-add media box in different location
add_action( 'add_meta_boxes', 'rm_register_meta_box');
function rm_register_meta_box() {
	add_meta_box('postimagediv', __('Immagine di copertina'), 'post_thumbnail_meta_box','post','advanced', 'high');
}
/* METTE L'EDITOR DOPO L'IMMAGINE DI COPERTINA */
add_action( 'edit_form_after_title', 'testmetabox_media');
function testmetabox_media () {	
	global $post;
	do_meta_boxes(null, 'normal', $post);
}
/* RIMUOVE IL METABOX FORMAT */
add_action('after_setup_theme', 'remove_post_format', 15);
function remove_post_format() {
	if ( !current_user_can( 'manage_options' ) ) {
		//Not administrator
		remove_theme_support('post-formats');
	}

}

Please remove old code that you have added related to the above.

See attached screenshot as to how it looks like.

Please take note we don't provide custom code support that is not related to Toolset according to our support policy: https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

If you need more help, please contact certified partners: https://toolset.com/consultant/

Anonymous
download.jpg

Hi, some problems.
In general, I tried your code and it doesn't work, featured image still on the right column.

The other problem is for admin: I used "top" position for a reason, because in the first attempt it correctly placed on top of the text editor only the featured image, it was great, but now doesn't work anymore
https://wordpress.stackexchange.com/a/221151

Now, your code use advanced, and put a lot of thing there, that I don't wont.

Emerson is not available currently.
As I mentioned above we need to handle the questions one by one, for the first question:
Q1) I tried your code and it doesn't work, featured image still on the right column.
Since it is a custom codes problem, please point out the problem page URL, how and where I can see the problem:
featured image still on the right column, where do you want put it?
Where I can edit your custom PHP codes, and please backup your website first, I need to debug the codes in a live website, thanks

Anonymous
featured image center.jpeg

In a previous private message I already sent credentials to the website.

The php code is in hidden link > wp-content > themes > cookbook-child > functions.php

You can see where is the issue in backend trying to write a new post.

I attached the result I succeed in getting some days ago, and now doesn't work anymore.

thanks for the details, I am checking it in your website, will feedback if there is anything found

featured-image-metabox.JPG

I assume we are talking about the meta box "Immagine di copertina",
1) it is drag-able, you can drag the metabox to the center area, see below screenshot featured-image-metabox.JPG
2) The feature image meta box is produced by wordpress core, there isn't such a feature within Toolset to setup the feature image meta box to the center area.
3) your custom PHP codes should be able to take effect on those new users, I suggest you test it with a new user.

/* TOGLIE LA FEATURED IMAGE DALLA COLONNA DI DESTRA */
add_action('do_meta_boxes', 'wpse33063_move_meta_box');
function wpse33063_move_meta_box(){
    remove_meta_box( 'postimagediv', 'post', 'side' );
    add_meta_box('postimagediv', __('Immagine di copertina'), 'post_thumbnail_meta_box', 'post', 'top', 'high');
}

Anonymous

Was you who created a test account test1?
Why? Did you find anything?

The problem is that I don't want that meta box at center, under the text editor but over it, under the title.

It is a very important feature for me and as you saw in the screenshot it worked for some days.

I just want to know why now it doesn't work anymore

Q1) Was you who created a test account test1?
Yes, it is me created the user "test1",

Q2) Why? Did you find anything?
I am trying to test the problem with a new user as I mentioned above:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/hide-button/page/2/#post-572013
your custom PHP codes should be able to take effect on those new users, I suggest you test it with a new user.
But when I tried to login as the user "test1", I get this error message:
Il tuo account non è stato ancora approvato.
Since it is only a test user, you can delete it.

Q3) I just want to know why now it doesn't work anymore
As I mentioned above, there isn't such a feature within Toolset that can achieve what you want:
meta box at center, over the text editor, under the title.
And you are using custom codes, according to our support policy:
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/
We don't provide support on the custom codes.

And I tested it in my localhost, it is not possible to drag the "feature image" meta box to the place you mentioned above:
meta box at center, over the text editor, under the title.

I suggest you check it with our certified partners:
https://toolset.com/consultant/

Anonymous

Now I approved that user.

Yes, he can see the featured image exactly where I want.
But the screenshot I sent to you was of an old user, that for some time had also him the meta box center.

What I don't understand is why should it work only for new users...

As you can see, the meta boxes are drag-able, each user can setup their own meta boxes settings, and those settings are stored into database, so your codes will works for those new users, if the user has modified the meta boxes settings, then it will be different places.

Please create new thread for each new questions, that will help other users to find the answers.

Anonymous

Ok

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.