Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Hidden items are being shown on results page when clicking a taxomy

This support ticket is created 6 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Author
taxomy_results.jpg
browse-search-resultspage.jpg

I am trying to: Have only what we consider "Master Items" show on any "Results" or "Archive" pages. What we consider our master items are our main image file - then under each of these images is a variety of size and substrates that they can be printed on. To organize them we have all of the unique images files as the "Master Items". These are all Grouped Items in woocommerce and their catalog visibility is set to "Shop and search results". Then the specific size and substrate items are all simple items in woocommerce that are grouped to the "Master item", all the simple items have their catalog visibility set to "Hidden". If I search using the search box or browse using the category listing on the menu or home page then it works correctly and only shows the "Master Items". But once I am in an item and click on any of the taxonomies the results pages show all items "Master" and Simple in order by their Menu Order.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: hidden link

I expected to see: If you use the search at the top right and search for "Buitoni" it will appear correctly. However if you click the item to see the detail page then click on the Artist name (which is a custom Taxonomy) then you get all the items. I've attached a screenshot here of the search results and the taxonomy results pages.

Dear Veronica,

I assume we are talking about the "Catalog Visibility Options" of Woocommerce extension:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/catalog-visibility-options/

1) It is not a built-in feature of Woocommece plugin, it is a Woocommerce extension, and I don't have a copy of it in my localhost.
2) The problem page you mentioned above is a taxonomy archive page, that means the extension "Catalog Visibility Options" is not compatible with custom taxonomy, I suggest you check it with the author of "Catalog Visibility Options" extension:
https://docs.woocommerce.com/document/catalog-visibility-options/#section-15
Check if it is possible to make the extension compatible with custom taxonomy archive page.

catalog-visibility.jpg

No. I don't have that plugin. I am talking about the options in the little publish area usually toward the top right side of the Edit Products screen - where you find the following as well as the preview changes and update button.
Visibility: Public Edit Edit visibility
Published on: Oct 9, 2017 @ 17:42 Edit Edit date and time
Catalog visibility: Hidden Edit

I've attached a screenshot of what I am talking about.

Thanks for the details, here are detail steps I tried in my localhost, please correct me if there is anything missing:
1) Install the latest version of Types + Woocommerce plugins
2) Create a custom taxonomy "artist-name" and register it to post type "Products"
3) Create a product post, with term "federico-seneca", and option "Catalog visibility" set to value "hidden", similar as your screenshot:
https://toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/577709-catalog_visibility.jpg?x16344
4) Then go to "federico-seneca" term archive page, I can not see same problem, what I see is: above product post does not display.

Since you are using other plugins and a custom theme, in case there is any compatibility problem in your website, please try these:
1) deactivate other plugins and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again
2) If the problem still persists, please provide a database dump file(ZIP file) of your website in below private detail box, I need to duplicate same problem and debug it in my localhost, thanks

I got it. I used your fix for a similar problem. using the settings on Hidden custom fields and then setting the filter in views.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.