Skip Navigation

[Resolved] having view results show on different page

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jasonR-11 2 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screen Shot 2021-11-29 at 12.36.37 PM.png

I am developing my site and I currently created a view and when I go to select the other page for the search results no page shows up to select. I created the view on another page and have the results set up but I can't find the page.

I also have another questions. I would like to create the search so that you could type in state county or city and it would find the result but my customer fields are separate is there away to include those 3 customer fields in one search?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot why the search results page is not showing in the dropdown list, I'll need to see how these pages and the view, are set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the link to these pages:
- page where the view was created
- page where the search form should be
- page where the search results should be

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

As for the other question, this is possible using a third-party plugin 'Relevanssi':
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/searching-texts-in-custom-fields-with-toolset-and-relevanssi/

By default, the text search field in views uses the WordPress search functionality, which can only search through post titles and post content/body. But with 'Relevanssi', you can extend that search so that it can also search through the custom fields.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing these details.

I add a view block on the "Great Land Investments" page, similar to how you added in your screenshot and was able to select the "Colorado Land For Sale" page for the search results.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Please note that even if you see no options in the dropdown, you can start typing the page title and it will become available, for selection.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.