Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Having links to filter the output (continuing)

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi,
In December, I started a topic with the same name.

We’re using Toolset for a list of works by a composer.
Instead of using the default dropdown filter to filter the list by taxonomy, our customer prefers to have a list of terms at the top of the page. Minesh help us with that, but when a visitor hits one of the terms, the expected filtering is not working.

Maybe anyone of the support team can have a look at this? And would the filter work directly after hitting a link?

Looking forward to your response

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot why the filter is not working, I'll need to see how this view is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message? I'll assume the page in question is the "Works" page from the last ticket.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting, I was able to fix this taxonomy filtering, using the following steps:

1. The view "Frank Martin Works" used on the "Works" page was created using the Gutenberg block-based editor. But the Divi Builder was set to disable this Gutenberg editor.

I had to disable the "Enable Classic Editor" option from WP Admin -> Divi -> Theme Options -> Builder -> Advanced, to enable the Gutenberg editor and access the view's settings.

2. After that, I was able to access the view "Frank Martin Works" on the edit screen of the "Works" page.

3. In the view's "Content Selection" settings, there was no query filter added for the "Type of Work" taxonomy. I've added it so that it can filter the results based on the taxonomy slug coming from the URL parameter "wpvtypeofwork".
( screenshot: hidden link )

You'll see that the taxonomy filtering links on the top are working now, to show the filtered results.

Note: If you'd like to keep the Gutenberg editor disabled, then it would be better to recreate the view "Frank Martin Works", using the classic/legacy editor.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.