Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Getting checkbox fields to populate with a Gravity Forms CPT integration

This support ticket is created 6 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 6 years, 7 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I want the checkboxes to populate via a Gravity Form using Gravity Wiz's CPT integration.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

No, but I have been corresponding with Gravity Wiz and they think a simple function in functions.php could resolve the issue.

Here is my latest e-mail with them:

"Hi Jonah,

I installed the plugins, setup a custom post type and setup a custom field for Checkboxes. The way they've setup their checkbox values makes populating them from Gravity Forms a little more challenging. Here's the data in the format they're expecting.

a:2:{s:64:"wpcf-fields-checkboxes-option-d1b837208db190eb828d8aacfd891745-1";a:1:{i:0;s:1:"1";}s:64:"wpcf-fields-checkboxes-option-105e75b7b446249cb12732ef85b9c0d3-1";a:1:{i:0;s:1:"2";}}

You'll notice that each checkbox has a unique ID that is assigned to it. You'll need to fetch the checkbox data from Toolset and generate this data based on the values checked in Gravity Forms and the unique ID for each checkbox in Toolset.

The folks at toolset really should be able to do this pretty easily based on my previous example.

hidden link "

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Well - as I understand you would like to display Types checkboxes field on Gravity form - correct? If yes: Types offers PHP API using which you can display the field.

For example:

echo types_render_field( "my-checkboxes-field-slug", array( "separator" => ", " ) );

More info:
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/functions/#checkboxes
=> https://toolset.com/documentation/customizing-sites-using-php/

Our problem as we've defined it is different. We are using a two plugins: Gravity Forms and the Gravity Wiz CPT Integration. Currently when we fill out a form the text input fields populate the custom posts, but the toolset checkbox fields are not populated.

What we would like is a function that will take the data from Gravity Forms checkboxes (with CPT integration) and sync the user-inputted checkboxes in the submitted form with the corresponding Toolset fields in each individual post.

Gravity Wiz support offers code snippets for some third party CPT plugins, but referred me to Toolset support to resolve this particular issue.

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Well - I need more information about your setup, your data flow, where data is stored, how and where to migrate the data and what to display and where. A test case example with all required details would be helpful to understand data structure of the Gravity form plugins you are using and after that I will guide you how we can proceed with your case to lead you to the solution. Please share a test case example with links and all required information.

However - we may require help from support people if they can share what filters/hook will be useful to build solution for you.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin and FTP) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I would additionally need your permission to de- and re-activate Plugins and the Theme, and to change configurations on the site. This is also a reason the backup is really important. If you agree to this, please use the form fields I have enabled below to provide temporary access details (wp-admin and FTP).

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.