Skip Navigation

[Resolved] fusion builder not working with content template

This support ticket is created 4 years, 7 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Nigel 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author

Hi Nigel, that worked! thanks. flexslider looks normal and isn't working. this is the code that was working before the last updates:
<div id="flexslider" class="flexslider">
<ul class="slides">

• [types field="chambermembers_image" separator="
  • " alt="[wpv-post-title]"][/types]
  • </div>

Nigel
    Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

How are (were) you triggering the flexslider?

Using the browser dev tools I can see the ul of images is added to the page, but they have display: none so are not showing on the front end.

I can't see very easily where you initialise the slider.

it's in the js of the content template.

Nigel
    Supporter

OK, that's interesting.

To be able to see the box to add custom JS to the Content Template you have to Stop editing the template with Fusion Builder.

And when you do, the slider works.

So it seems that when Fusion Builder is set to edit the template, the custom JS doesn't get added.

It may be related to the underlying problem that caused the templates to not be editable by Fusion Builder in the first place.

We'll keep investigating. In the meantime you can use that to get your site working.

I should just double-check, this was working before, but has stopped... after an update of Avada?

Nigel
    Supporter

Hi Malaga

The problem with editing templates designed with Avada has been fixed with the latest releases of Views and Types (you'll need both).

Please update and let me know if you still see the problem.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.