Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Full width not working on 2020 theme

This support ticket is created 4 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by randallH-3 4 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Full width on Layouts. not working on 2020 theme. Tried finding it in CSS, but can't. How to fix?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Randal,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To suggest the best way forward, I'll need to understand exactly what is not working.

Can you please share temporary admin login details along with the link to a page with this full-width layout?

I'll be in a better position to guide you accordingly.

Note: I've set your next reply as private.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Randal,

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I noticed that the theme includes the following CSS code at line# 3551 of its main "style.css" file:
( hidden link )

.entry-content > *:not(.alignwide):not(.alignfull):not(.alignleft):not(.alignright):not(.is-style-wide) {
    max-width: 58rem;
    width: calc(100% - 4rem);
}

This block adds a "max-width" and "width" values to the immediate container element inside the div with class "entry-content" if specific classes don't exist with that element.

To make a certain row cover full-width, you can assign "is-style-wide" class in its settings, as shown in these screenshots:

Screenshot 1: hidden link
Screenshot 2: hidden link

I hope this helps and to check which CSS code is applying to different page elements, you can use Google Chrome's inspect element tool, as explained in this guide:
hidden link

regards,
Waqar

Edited the CSS earlier, still need to test your solution.

Where can I edit the Header and Footer? Can't find it in the Layout

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Randal,

If you're planning to design the complete structure of the website, with a standard/repeating header, footer and sidebar sections, and dynamic content sections, you can use the layout hierarchy feature, as explained in this guide:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/layouts/hierarchical-layouts/

Please let me know if any specific point or step is not clear.

regards,
Waqar

This solved the full width problem:

.full-bg{max-width:100% !important;}
.container{max-width:100% !important;}

Now the problem is that the original header and footer still shows. Is that normal?

Thank you for your help.

Waqar
Supporter

Hi Randal,

Thanks for the update and yes that custom CSS code solution is fine too.

It is normal that the theme's original header and footer sections keep showing, as Toolset plugins only target the content areas.

I noticed that you've now included some additional custom CSS code to hide them, which should work.

Alternatively, to remove those sections from the output completely, you can remove their code from the theme's "header.php" and "footer.php" files.

regards,
Waqar

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.