Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Forms for adding content

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I would like to create a content addition form on my classifieds site and provide the users who added the content with the following billing methods.

1.I want to set a one-week posting period for post A and charge for one week.

2.I want to set a two-week posting period for post B and charge for two weeks.

How do I use toolset to enable multiple billing methods?

Solution:

The post expiration value is stored in a custom post field, each post can have it's own expiration date, and one post form can setup only one expiration value(one week or two weeks) for the new post.

In your case, you need to use two different post form to create two different posts(post A and post B), setup different post expiration value in each post, so you need to create content A and content B.

For example:

Two forms:

- Form A, one-week posting period, and charge for "one week" product.

- Form B, two-weeks posting period, and charge for "two weeks" product.

Use Form A to create post A,

Use Form B to create post B,

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/course-lesson/setting-up-automatic-post-expiration/

This support ticket is created 3 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by yoshihikoH 3 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
adding form.png

I would like to create a content addition form on my classifieds site and provide the users who added the content with the following billing methods.

1.I want to set a one-week posting period for post A and charge for one week.
2.I want to set a two-week posting period for post B and charge for two weeks.

How do I use toolset to enable multiple billing methods?

Only one period can be set in one place for the period that can be set in the "edit post form" of ToolSet.
So I envision the following solution.

・Create an edit post (that is, a content addition form for each period) for each period.→Create edit post (content addition form equal product name) for each period.

Please let me know if there is a solution other than the above.
I want to make a smarter billing method.

Hello,

There is another workaround:
You can setup two post forms for creating new post:
- One post form is a one-week posting period, and charge for "one week" product.
- The another form sets a two-week posting period, and charge for "two weeks" product.

Dear Luo Yang,

Thank you for your answering and contacting us.
I still don't understand.

For example,
1.The content of the submission form is the same for both A and B.
2.The only difference between A and B is the posting period and its price.
3.If I create additional content under the above conditions, do I have to create content A and content B?

1.The content of the submission form is the same for both A and B.
2.The only difference between A and B is the posting period and its price.
3.If I create additional content under the above conditions, do I have to create content A and content B?

The post expiration value is stored in a custom post field, each post can have it's own expiration date, and one post form can setup only one expiration value(one week or two weeks) for the new post.

In your case, you need to use two different post form to create two different posts(post A and post B), setup different post expiration value in each post, so you need to create content A and content B.
For example:
Two forms:
- Form A, one-week posting period, and charge for "one week" product.
- Form B, two-weeks posting period, and charge for "two weeks" product.

Use Form A to create post A,
Use Form B to create post B,

More help:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/setting-up-automatic-post-expiration/

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.