Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Formatting Custom Fields

This support ticket is created 5 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Toolset_events extra.jpg
Toolset_customfields.jpg

Tell us what you are trying to do?
My website has a Post Field Group called Products Extra attached to a Custom Template. The order of appearance of the items is fixed with the most recent addition on top.

I noticed that I am not able to move the order of the Post Field Group items so that I the order of appearance can change without having to delete and redo everything.

Is there any documentation that you are following? No

Is there a similar example that we can see? I am referring to the 2 Products Extra items at the bottom - I want to be able to move their order without having to redo the entire thing: hidden link

What is the link to your site? hidden link

toolset-post-sortorder.JPG

Hello,

The repeatable field groups is based on one-to-many relationship, each item is an actual post.

In your screenshot:
hidden link

It is a post view "Events Sigle - Extra info", the orderby settings is defined in the view's setting:
hidden link

See section "Ordering", it is order by post date, you can change it to option "Field - toolset-post-sortorder", see screenshot toolset-post-sortorder.jpg, and test again

Notice, your website is using cache plugin, so you will need to click "Purge SG Cache" button to see the result.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.