Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED form is not visible on the front end

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
I created some CRED Forms and when i try to see them as non-administrator on the Front End, I do not see the forms.

Solution:
You are using Access Plugin.
If you disable Access, the CRED Forms will be always visible.
If you enable Access, the forms will be hidden unless you set it specifically each form in the Access Settings under Toolset > Access Control > CRED Forms.

Relevant Documentation:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/access-control-for-cred-forms/

100% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 7 years, 11 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 8 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by DavidH606 7 years, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I am trying to:get a cred form to appear on the review page of my site.
The form shows up on a desktop view, and it appears on the desktop browser when I shrink the window to mobile size, but it does not appear in an actual mobile browser.
The form is set to modify a testimonial CPT, the post then appears on the same page. it all works great except for the mobile browser issue.

I visited this URL:hidden link

I expected to see: the cred form

Instead, I got: no cred form

CRED Forms work fine on Mobile Screens (at least i tested a iPhone 6 right now)

On the Link you provided I don't see a Form, neither on Mobile nor on Desktop.
Is that form only visible to logged in users?

Basically CRED forms will work great on Mobiles.
I suggest to use a Bootstrap theme for responsively design and also to enable "Use bootstrap in CRED Forms" in Toolset > Settings > Forms

Thank you

capture_001_15052016_070918.jpg

Hi, I see the form on the desktop view of the page in my chrome browser. Perhaps I gave you the wrong link, here it is again:
hidden link
Also, I have attached a screenshot to show it.

the form still does not appear on a droid or iphone

capture_003_15052016_091202.jpg
capture_002_15052016_091133.jpg

Beda,
Sorry, I missed part of your response. In fact the form only appears if you are logged in. something must have changed. When I first created the form I got warnings telling me that anyone could see and use the form. Now you must be logged in to see it.
I assume this is controlled by the access plugin. but when I tried to get into the access settings from inside the form editor in my page layout , I get a window saying I do not have sufficient permissions to access the page.
perhaps a plugin conflict?
is there another way to make the form appear when not logged in?
attached are 2 screenshots of the the error.
thanks,
tom

If you disable Access, the CRED Forms will be always visible.
If you enable Access, the forms will be hidden unless you set it specifically each form in the Access Settings under Toolset > Access Control > Custom Fields

The Link in CRED Edit Screens to Acces Settings is broken and our DEV fixed this - solution will be present in our next CRED release.

Once you set the specific CRED Forms to be visible by Guests, let me know and I'll analyze the given link on my Mobile.

It can very well be, that you somehow got logged out on your Mobile and that why you don't see the form

Please ensure first, you have the correct rights to see the form, or set the form as public (visible for guests)

Then re-visit the Form on mobile and let me know

Also I must know your mobile versions and make, if the issue persist.

I still cannot open access to change the settings on the form. I get the same error I mentioned above that I do not have sufficient permissions to access the page. I tried deactivating all plugins except the toolset plugins , but still the error.
I have deactivated the access plugin for now, but I may want to use it in the future.
any ideas on how to fix it?

You can not open Access from within the CRED form, as I explained.

You need to head to Toolset > Access Control.

If then you still get this error message it means you do not have the correct rights to actually use this Plugin, which would mean, it's either not correctly installed, or you aren't admin.

I tried to view the URL again, and receive "server not found".

Did you remove the Site?
Is your server accessible with no geo blocking?

Thanks Beda, i got it to show up

This should be noted on the 'Displaying forms on the front end' Docs, I landed there first from Google, had another good bit of hoking around before I found this. (Good way to cross promote Access to CRED users as well ;- )

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.