Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Filters break page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Get a broken page when display post view.

Solution:

There should be some PHP errors in your website, please check these:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/filters-break-page/#post-2301755

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Kenneth Horn 2 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? Filters using AJAX results update when visitors change any filter values totally break page when present in a View (using Views, not Blocks).
Is there any documentation that you are following? No
Is there a similar example that we can see? Here is a page with the only filters option that does not break the page which is when selecting FULL PAGE REFRESH WHEN VISITOR CLICKS A BUTTON : hidden link Also requires showing ALL VALUES which is worthless. Shows about 50 choices when I am required to use that option. Breaks the page if I use SHOW ONLY AVAILABLE OPTIONS. These were all working fine and the problem to exist with Default WordPress Theme and all plugins disabled. Not sure what the conflict is.
Here is an example of the same page using AJAX filters: hidden link
What is the link to your site? comabeba.com

Hello,

There should be some PHP errors in your website, please check these:
1) Get the PHP debug logs from your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

2) If you get some PHP error message about PHP memory issue, you can follow WP document to increase it:
https://wordpress.org/support/article/editing-wp-config-php/#increasing-memory-allocated-to-php

Please tell Developers to get with the program. All major plugins including Views and Blocks should work with PHP 8.0. They don't. I had to regress back to 7.4. Your response clued me into why the filters weren't working. Thanks, but I close by saying that a premium plugin should be compatible with PHP 8.0 ... Pass it on.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.