Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Field Mapping in Post Forms

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Associate a relationship field. For example: when entering content in a post form (event), a field (performer) can be selected with a "many to many" relationship (events <<>>performers). But after the form is submitted, the field (performer) is not associated with the event on the back end. How can I fix this?

Is there any documentation that you are following?
Unable to find the answer

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Hello. Thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

As you are using Many to Many post relationship - Can you please check the following Doc and see if you able to connect the post:
- https://toolset.com/course-lesson/front-end-relationship-forms-for-connecting-posts/

Hello - I can create a relationship form, but how do I add it to a post form? For example, when users go "Add an Event" post form, I want them to choose the chorus(s) associated with the event through a relationship. Does that make sense?

Minesh
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Can you please tell me what is the post relationship you created between your post type Events and chorus(s)?

is it one to many post relationship?

It is a many to many relationship

Waqar
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Minesh is on vacations, so I'll be following up on this ticket.

If the relationship type is 'many-to-many', it can't be added through the same "Add an Event" post form.

You'll need to divide this into two steps, with two forms.

1. When a user will create a new event post through the first form "Add an Event", you can set the form to redirect to the newly created event post.

2. On the single event post page, you can include a relationship form, which can be used to join any 'chorus' post with the current 'event' post.

Any custom fields which are associated with this relationship can also be included in this relationship form.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need further assistance.

regards,
Waqar

Thank you so much, Waqar. You are amazing.

I am starting to create a page to add connections. When I want to make a connection between a chorus - person, only a partial list of choruses appears. Do you have any idea why that is happening?

hidden link

Thanks in advance for your help!

Kim

Waqar
Supporter

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Kim,

Glad I could help.

The relationship fields use a special autocomplete script ( ref: hidden link ).

Instead of showing the complete list of options at once, it reveals the relevant options, as you type.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.