Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Few questions about Templates

This support ticket is created 7 years, 4 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 10 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by romanB-3 7 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Hello,
I have two questions about template editing.

1- I use Avada. Is it possible to edit Avada template directly, without having to recreate it manually (by adding header footer etc.) ?

2- I inserted avada's footer but it doesn't show the copyright bar ; is that a known bug ?

3- I need to show custom fields only if they are filled. Same for taxonomies and attachements : the fields must not show if they are empty on that post. How could I set that up ?

Thank you very much !

2- Resolved.
1 & 3 Still needing assistance.
4- It seems the padding of the header is not properly integrated : result is my normal header is 1170px width, but toolset templates pages have 1140px width header.

Dear roman,

Q1) I use Avada. Is it possible to edit Avada template directly, without having to recreate it manually (by adding header footer etc.) ?
Are you using Layouts plugin to setup the "Avada template"?
If it is, it is not possible to use Layouts plugin to edit Avada template directly, there isn't such a feature within Layouts plugin

Q3) I need to show custom fields only if they are filled. Same for taxonomies and attachements : the fields must not show if they are empty on that post. How could I set that up ?
You can try with Views shortcode [wpv-conditional] to check if the custom field is filled with value, then display it, see our document:
Checking fields and other elements for Empty/Non-empty Values
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/conditional-html-output-in-views/checking-fields-and-other-elements-for-emptynon-empty-values/

Q4) It seems the padding of the header is not properly integrated : result is my normal header is 1170px width, but toolset templates pages have 1140px width header.
This is a CSS issue, I suggest you provide a live website, also point out which part need to be setup as 1170px width, I need to test and debug in my Chrome browser.

Hello and thank you,
1- Too bad ; this should be on your todo list.
3- Great way to do this ! Love it !
4- Where can I send you a private link ?
Thank you.

I just enabled the private detail box, please provide the credentials of your website, also point out the problem page URL, thanks

I assume we are talking about the problem div tag:
<div class="fusion-row">
see screenshot 12.JPG

The width is defined in the CSS codes:

.fusion-header-wrapper .fusion-row{padding-left:0px;padding-right:0px;max-width:1170px;}

You can find it in the HTML source code:
view-source:hidden link

I suggest you find the CSS code in dashboard, and modify it as what you want

I don't think the problem could come from the <div class="fusion-row">, because if you compare both pages, you will see that their <div class="fusion-row"> have exact same CSS.

I think that the problem comes from the fact the toolset builder doesn't include avada's header the right way, because it includes it INTO other <div> so its CSS is affected by them. The header should be immediatly included in the wrapper, without the 3 other <div> before it.

In deed, I have :

<div class="container fusion-row avada-logo-integration ">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-sm-12">
<header class="fusion-header-wrapper">

In fact, I just have to delete the "container" class from first <div> and it looks great... But I can't see how to achieve that.

Thank you.

13.JPG

I assume we are talking about the problem page:
hidden link

There is a CSS codes in your CSS file:

.container, .container-fluid {
    margin-right: auto;
    margin-left: auto;
    padding-left: 15px; 
    padding-right: 15px; 
}

If you can disable the padding-left and padding-right, then you should be able to get a 1170 px width, see screenshot 13.JPG

No, this is not true. In order to have the exact same header, I must ALSO deactivate padding on <div class="fusion-header"> element.

But that is not what I am asking to do. I don't want to play with my theme's CSS : the CSS is all right. I just want the views builder to build the page without adding his own columns. I don't want my header to be into those

<div class="container fusion-row avada-logo-integration ">
<div class="row">
<div class="col-sm-12">

Thank you.

The Layouts plugin is based on the Bootstrap framework, those HTML div tags are required for Bootstrap, see document:
hidden link
Bootstrap requires a containing element to wrap site contents and house our grid system.
hidden link
Rows must be placed within a .container (fixed-width) or .container-fluid (full-width) for proper alignment and padding.

So if you move the HTML header tag outside those three HTML div tags, then your website will not work as expected. All I can suggest you is using CSS codes to customize it to what you want:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/few-questions-about-templates/#post-471427

I understand now that Avada integration is not really what I thought.
It seems I am not alone to be desapointed : https://toolset.com/forums/topic/conflicting-styles-between-avada-bootstrap-and-layouts-toolset/
But in my case it's no big deal and I'll juste add a bit CSS.
Thank you for your help.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.