Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Expiration is not saving the date

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

PHP error after save the post:
PHP Warning: parse_url() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in media.php on line 4246

Solution:

This is a known issue with WordPress 5.3, and has been fixed in the latest release of Toolset Types, you can download it here:

https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 25 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by FelipeP5703 4 years, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:

On the dashboard, the expiration date is not saving correctly. Here is a video: hidden link

Hello,

Thanks for the video, I have tried it in my localhost with a fresh WordPress installation + the latest version of Toolset plugins, it works fine, there isn't the same problem as your video.

So the problem is abnormal, please check these:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

2) If the problem still persists, please provide database dump file(ZIP file) of your website, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Let me see if this happens to the test site first... then I can give you the login so you can see it yourself

OK, please update here when your test site is ready for debug. Private message box enabled.

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, will update here if there is anything found

I can see the problem in your website:
hidden link

I have done below modifications:
Dashboard-> Toolset-> Post types, find and edit post type "Anúncios":
hidden link

1) in section "Name and description", option "Editor (required)", choose "Block"
2) in section "Sections to display when editing ", enable option "Editor"

Please test again, check if it can be fixed in your test site and production website.

It should be a problem when there isn't post content editor, I am checking it with our developers, will update here if there is any news.

I got this error while trying to access the site: hidden link

Sorry, I had disabled the some other plugins(elementor) in your website, just activated those plugins, please test again, check if it is fixed

I noticed all custom php code in Toolset Custom Code were inactive. Did you turn it off?

I have tested it and some custom posts still don't save the expiration date right away, only after a couple of tries and also if I put a 1 min, instead of 00 for the min, it saves as well.

So I don't think it's the Editor in the Admin dashboard.

I am downloading the database dump file from your test site, will update here if there is anything found

Yes, I did deactivate all those custom codes for checking the compatibility issues.

Here are what I found:

1) In your website, The post type "Anúncio"
hidden link
It is using option Editor: Block

2) edit single "Anúncio" post, for example:
hidden link
It is still load classic editor, and there is a JS error:
Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'getCurrentPostId' of undefined
It is a bug of Types plugin when use classic editor, I have already escalated to our developers, our developers are working on it, this might be the problem source.

3) There isn't the problem in my localhost with your database dump file, I download it from your website:
hidden link
the first item

It works fine in my localhost with a fresh WordPress installation(5.3) + the latest version of Toolset plugins +
2019 theme, see my video capture:
hidden link

4) Since in your website, you are using 31 plugins and a custom theme, so there should be some compatibility problem in your website, please try as my first answer:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/expiration-is-not-saving-the-date/#post-1376099

In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, and test again

If the problem is fixed, then activate other plugins/theme one by one, try to locate the problem plugin/theme

Since your website does not output the PHP debug logs, if you need more assistance for it, please provide a full copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the duplicator package in your own google drive disk, and share the link in below private message box.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

Hi, Luo is on vacation this week so I am taking over this ticket, I hope that's okay. The duplicator package you provided is a database-only archive. When I install and activate that database on my local environment, I can't produce exactly the same issue, and I'm curious to know if it's a plugin or theme compatibility issue on your site. Can you zip up the plugins directory and your child theme, and post those so I can download them as well? I would like to test with those, but the database-only archive doesn't contain them.

On my site, I'm able to save the date successfully in an Anuncio post, but several PHP warnings appear in my server logs. It's possible these warnings are preventing you from saving successfully on the site, I'm not sure. These warnings are part of a known issue our developers are currently investigating: https://toolset.com/errata/repeating-image-and-file-fields-produce-php-warnings-with-wordpress-5-3/

As a test, we can try to confirm or rule out this issue as the problem preventing you from saving an expiration date. Edit this custom field group and temporarily change the repeating image field from a repeating image field to a single image field. Then create a new Anuncio post and try to reproduce the issue with the expiration date. If the date saves successfully, we can be reasonably confident that this known issue is responsible for the problem. If the date does not save successfully, we need to investigate more. Revert the change you made so this image field is a multiple image field again. It will be important for me to have your theme and plugin files.

I don't know how to zip the plugins and the theme but I gave access to the site above. Maybe we can wait until Luo is back. This is not really urgent.

Okay Luo should be back next week. I will reassign the ticket to him and he will follow up with you when he returns.

I can log into your website with the credentials you provided above, and trying to make a full copy of your website, will update here if there is anything found

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.