Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Error JSON

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 1.17 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by frederiqueC 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hello,

I am trying to:
I am trying to create content models and views. For some time now, I keep seeing "JSON errors". Jamal and Waqar intervened on content models. Waqar explained to me that this was partly from the YASR plugin. I disabled and deleted it but the JSON errors are still present. I have to admit that I also have a problem with the "Backup Guard" backup plugin, could this also come from there? Or do I have other plugins or other concerns that would cause these JSON errors? I must move on.

Could it be from "Error: PHP EXECUTION TIMEOUT ERROR *?" Because I have a problem with Backup Guard which does not work with an INT 4 but an INT 8 and my host cannot change this setting since I am in shared hosting.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
a system that works

Instead, I got:
Erros JSON

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

In the new blocks-based editor (Gutenberg) from WordPress, the post/page edit screen continuously communicate with the server in the background, in the JSON format. If that communication is interrupted or the format of that JSON data is affected, those JSON errors are shown.

Troubleshooting this can be a bit challenging as it can be caused by a number of reasons, as explained in this guide:
hidden link

I suspect that it can be most likely caused by the security plugin or the server's policies on your website, but to confirm this, you can follow these steps:

1. Make a complete backup of your website.

2. Temporarily deactivate all plugins other than Toolset and switch to a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

3. If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

4. In case the issue still persists, and you still see some errors in the browser's console or the server's error logs, related to Toolset plugins, please share them with me. Otherwise, it would be interesting to test your website's clone on a different server, to confirm if this is something specific to server configuration.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

Hello Waqar,
The problem comes from one of my extensions. I no longer have JSON errors with all extensions disabled.
I will get back to you once I find the one that is causing Tooslet to go wrong.
Regards.

Re,

This morning, I tested almost all the extensions on my site. The problem comes from my security extension: security, maintenance: maintenance and the Ocean WP theme.
For the theme, I will keep Twenty-one but even if in a rush I reactivated maintenance and security, could you give me the name of extensions to replace them?
In the meantime, I have hosted Elementor, Elementor Pro, Kadence and EasySSL blocks. I must retest them.
Could you give me a plugin for SSL? For the CSS, I will manage.

Regards

Finally, here is the list of plugins that make Toolset go wrong when they are together.
First, I managed to save the Ocean WP theme and the Ocean extra plugin.
What doesn't work with Toolset when they're all together:
-One click accessibility,
- Backup Guard Pro (I search a another plugin if you can help me!) HELP Me For this
- Elementor et Elementor pro (Now I use the Toolset container and grid and it works just as well!)
- Formidable forms (I will use the bloc gutenberg for this)
- Loco translate
- Maintenance (I search a another plugin if you can help me!) HELP Me for this
- I themes security (I search a another plugin if you can help me!) HELP Me for this
- Popup maker
- Widget Options - Extended

Regards

I tested in "Wordfence" and "malcare" security plugins but it does not work.
In the meantime, as I cannot move forward on this, I quit the admin and therefore I have to put a security and maintenance plugin.
I am working again on my site tomorrow and Sunday. Based on your feedback.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

> Could you give me a plugin for SSL? For the CSS, I will manage.

- We don't recommend or restrict using any particular SSL plugin with Toolset. You can check out the following articles which review the popular options:

hidden link
hidden link

> Backup Guard Pro (I search a another plugin if you can help me!) HELP Me For this

- For backup and restore we use and recommend these plugins:

https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicator/
https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/

> Maintenance (I search a another plugin if you can help me!) HELP Me for this

- We don't recommend or restrict using any particular maintenance mode plugin with Toolset. You can check out the following articles which review the popular options:

hidden link
hidden link

> I themes security (I search a another plugin if you can help me!) HELP Me for this
> I tested in "Wordfence" and "malcare" security plugins but it does not work.

- Wordfence is a very popular security plugin for WordPress and I've seen it in use on a number of websites with Toolset. If you're facing any compatibility issue with this plugin, you're welcome to start a new ticket and share the details of exactly what is affected when you use this plugin.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.