Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Empty first result in View until I refresh the page

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem: I have a View with a loop template designed in the Divi builder. When I search for results with some filter set, the first result is empty. If I reload the page, the first result appears again.

Solution: In this case you can disable AJAX results or tryp suppressing third-party filters in the loop template shortcode.

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 8:00 – 12:00 - -
13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 13:00 – 17:00 - -

Supporter timezone: America/New_York (GMT-04:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Christian Cox 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Christian Cox.

Author

Hello, In a view I have a search option. From the results always the first one is an empty one. If I refresh the page, the empty result is gone.

My 2nd tier support team has recommended one solution that may help here. With AJAX enabled for updates, try adding the option

suppress_filters="true"

to each Content Template shortcode, like this:

[wpv-layout-start]
[wpv-map-render map_id="map-2" map_width="100%" map_height="400px"][/wpv-map-render]
    [wpv-items-found]
    <!-- wpv-loop-start -->
    <wpv-loop wrap="3" pad="true">
      [wpv-map-marker map_id="map-2" marker_id="marker-[wpv-post-id]" marker_icon='//reumanetnl.nl/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/images/markers/Shop-2.png' marker_field="wpcf-adres-voor-maps"]
          <strong>Bekijk gegevens: [wpv-post-link]</strong>
      [/wpv-map-marker]
      [wpv-map-marker map_id="map-2" marker_id="marker-2-[wpv-post-id]" marker_icon='//reumanetnl.nl/wp-content/plugins/toolset-maps/resources/images/markers/Shop-2.png' marker_field="wpcf-adres-voor-maps-2"]
               <strong>Bekijk gegevens: [wpv-post-link]</strong>
              [/wpv-map-marker]
      [wpv-item index=1]
         <div class="row ">
            <div class="col-sm-4">[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-zorgzoeker" suppress_filters="true"]</div>
        [wpv-item index=other]
            <div class="col-sm-4">[wpv-post-body view_template="loop-item-in-zorgzoeker" suppress_filters="true"]</div>
        [wpv-item index=3]
        </div>
        [wpv-item index=pad]
            <div class="col-sm-4"></div>
        [wpv-item index=pad-last]
            <div class="col-sm-4"></div>
        </wpv-loop>
    <!-- wpv-loop-end -->
    [/wpv-items-found]
    [wpv-no-items-found]
        <strong>[wpml-string context="wpv-views"]Niets gevonden[/wpml-string]</strong>
    [/wpv-no-items-found]
[wpv-layout-end]

Please try this solution and let me know if the empty results continues to appear at the top of the results, and we can go from there.

Thanks, that is working fine.

Confirmed as resolved. Thanks for the update!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.