Skip Navigation

[Resolved] 'Embedded media' custom field not showing in post form

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author
Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 21.49.12.png
Screenshot 2024-01-08 at 21.35.38.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?
Create a form that allows users to enter youtube URLs into an Emebedded Media Custom Field

The forms (create and edit) are working fine - however I have an issue with one custom field type.

I have an embedded media custom field.

It shows up in the custom fields list when editing the form (Pic 1 - field called 'media') - I can drag and drop it onto the form layout (Pic 1)
But after I click SAVE - the field just disappears from the form.

Should this be possible?

NB: I can switch the form to advanced mode, enter the code for the embedded media field and it seems to work OK (Pic 2)
EG: [cred_field field="media" force_type="field" class="form-control" output="bootstrap"]

I will do that for now - but would prefer the drag n dro option worked.
Thanks

What is the link to your site?
Not live yet

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website, but couldn't reproduce this behavior. Looks like something specific to your website is involved.

When you use the visual form editor and drag-n-drop the embedded media field, do you see any error in the browser's console, on the screen or in the server's error logs?

If not, I'll recommend to temporarily turn on WordPress debugging and see if any errors or warnings are logged in the server's error log.
( ref: https://wordpress.org/documentation/article/debugging-in-wordpress/ )

In case there are no errors/warnings, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details of the website, for further troubleshooting.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

I hope this helps and let me know how it goes.

regards,
Waqar

I've not resolved it - I'm just hard coding instead of using the drag n drop.
But you can close the ticket as at least I know now it "should" be working.
Thank you

karlE confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2024-01-19 15:48:32.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.