Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Emails not sending from forms

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 11 months, 1 week ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

pjC

Tell us what you are trying to do? With my forms, I am trying to generate automated emails to go to certain folks. Those emails are not working.

Is there any documentation that you are following?

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

Have you checked if only email notifications from the form are not working or if none of the emails going out through the website are not working?

The best way to test this would be to see if the standard password reset emails are being received, as expected or not.

If only the email notifications from the forms are not working, you're welcome to share temporary admin login details along with the link to the page where this form can be seen.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

pjC

All other emails are working from the site. Only toolset emails are not working.

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for writing back.

I've performed some tests on my website, with some Toolset email notifications and they were received, as expected.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps to see which of the emails are failing?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

pjC
Gmail - New Question Submitted!.jpg

I am not sure why it did not submit, but we are getting emails to work. I am trying to embed a link in the email to allow someone to edit the post.

This used to work, it now takes us to a blank page. This is where it takes us:

hidden link

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the access details and the screenshot.

I've performed some tests on my website and on yours, but couldn't reproduce the issue with the post-edit link.

To confirm I tested both these methods:

1. 'wpv-post-edit-link' shortcode, that generates the post edit link:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/views/views-shortcodes/#wpv-post-edit-link

2. '%%POST_ADMIN_LINK%%' placeholder that gives the raw post edit URL.

Here are the screenshots from my test on your website:
Back end: hidden link
Front end: hidden link

Can you please test this again and let me know if issue is limited to any particular email service provider?

pjC

Okay so I am able to get this working. I also had to turn on a content template to get this to show up so users can edit without logging in.

For this one post type, I am trying to set different views based on which form to allow the user to edit without logging in. I currently am able to set the one default content template for all of these... but for something like 'Publish', there is a different view / template I want to use. Is that possible?

New threads created by Waqar and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-setting-different-views-for-different-forms/

Waqar
Supporter

Thanks for the update and glad that it is working now.

I've created a separate ticket for your new question and will follow up on that shortly.
( ref: https://toolset.com/forums/topic/split-setting-different-views-for-different-forms/ )

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.