Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Editing cpt with video field

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do?

I have a cpt edit form that contains a video field. If the post being edited already has a video clip uploaded, it does not show on the name on the edit form. If you try to upload it again, the site either hangs, or I get an error (presumably because the video already exits).

Is there any documentation that you are following?

No I didn't find any that pertained to this issue.

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?

I can provide link and creds if you need them.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

I've performed some tests on my website, but couldn't reproduce this behavior. This suggests that something specific to your website is involved.

To troubleshoot this, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme, and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If it's fixed, you can start adding the disabled items, one by one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how this form is set up in the admin area. You're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the link to the page with the edit form.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

I'm not sure why, but the last three test I did on this were successful. Not sure why the first few didn't hold the value, but it seems to be working now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.