Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit Post link not working

This support ticket is created 4 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by jamesH-10 4 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to: Following documentation here: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/publish-content-from-the-front-end/forms-for-editing/ to add an edit post link. I am seeing the default content template instead of the edit post form

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: /members/ ( will provide access to my own account so you don't need to create a post.

I expected to see: The form to edit the post

Instead, I got: Default content template for the relevant post.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website and see the problem.

The problem is abnormal, please check these in your website:
1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2019, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

2) If the problem is fixed, please activate other plugin/theme one by one, try to locate the problem plugin/theme.

Hi Luo,

Thanks for your help.

I have found that the issue is being created when I activate Elementor Pro. The error message says: preventing possible attempt to enumerate users.

It looks like something in Elementor Pro is preventing the last part of the url when calling the template by id=123. I am guessing that there is some kind of security in Elementor Pro?

I need to build this site with Elementor.

Any ideas?

Since it's a compatibility problem, please provide a copy of your website in below private message box. I need to test and debug it in my localhost.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I can log into your website, will update here if there is anything found

Here are what I found:
You are using elementor to design the single "Vegan Business" post, and there isn't "post body" cell in it.

But Views content template is using the_content filter hook to display the content(edit post form), so it conducts the problem:
seeing the default content template instead of the edit post form

I have done below modification in your website:
Edit the elementor template:
hidden link

At the bottom, add a "Post Content" widget, please test it again, check if it is fixed.

Thanks Luo works well. Now that I understand how the way the content template loads the form in the content I am able to make it work and make it do more of what I want.

Appreciate your help as always.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.