Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Edit or delete Views

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Edit or delete Views
I've create some views to loop in relationship post using views, however there's no place for editing or delete them?
I'm trying to download Toolset Views, but got this error
Toolset Blocks is a different flavour of Toolset Views. You can not use both versions at the same time, so we have deactivated one.

It's getting a bit frustrated to me at this point that although Toolset seems to be a powerful system, there are so many small issues and limits that hasn't been taken care off. Those things you would expect to find solution in Documentation, however are not collected and provide official solution.

Thanks.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

You can follow these steps:

1. Please go to WP Admin -> Toolset -> Settings -> General and for the "Editing experience" select "Show both the legacy and Blocks interface and let me choose which to use for each item I build".

2. After that, when you'll refresh the page, the "Views" menu option will become available in the menu WP Admin -> Toolset.

From this management screen, you'll be able to manage and delete the existing views.

I can understand that for someone who is starting with Toolset and views more recently, it can be a bit challenging to understand the difference between the Blocks and Views. Here is a little background that will make it more clear.

Before WordPress introduced Gutenberg (the blocks-based) editor, the classic/legacy editor was the only offering for the views and content template editing in Toolset.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/legacy-features/views-plugin/ )

With the introduction of Gutenberg as the primary editor in WordPress, the main option to edit the views and content template was also switched to this blocks-based editor. However, the option to use the classic/legacy editor is still available and can be turned on the same way, no matter whether you have Toolset View activated or the Toolset Blocks.
( at the core, they both are essentially the same plugins, so they can't be activated at the same time )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.