Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Double browser scrollbar

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 10:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

This topic contains 31 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Minesh 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Minesh.

Author

I'm not 100% sure, but I think it started after the last update (that included the upgrade to PHP 8).

When I add/edit posts:
1. I have 2 scrollbars and I can't figure out what I see after I scroll the regular fields. Looks like I see all the fields again.
2. I'm unable to edit some of the fields. I think it's only fields from the WYSIWYG type.
3. When I switch the WYSIWYG field from 'Visual' to 'Text' and back to 'Visual', the field looks like is shrinking.

Please see this video to better understand what I mean: hidden link

Thanks

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

As this update included a fix for problems with Types WYSIWYG fields, can I ask that you clear your browser cache and test again?

(Or reload the page with the browser dev tools open, in the network tab, with cache disabled.)

If you still see problems, are there any errors in the browser console?

I tried what you suggested and got the same results.

There are error: hidden link

Minesh
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Kolkata (GMT+05:30)

Ok we will require to follow first the basic debug steps:

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
- Do you see any difference?

Minesh
Supporter

I just created the sandbox site with the latest Toolset plugins, you can auto-login using the following URL:
- hidden link

I've added multiple WYSIWYG custom fields for post type sessions:
=> hidden link

When I try to edit session post in backend:
=> hidden link

I do not able to reproduce the issue you mentioned with above sandbox site where only Toolset plugins are installed, there must be compatibility issue so as shared with my previous reply:

Could you please try to resolve your issue by deactivating all third-party plugins as well as with the default theme to check for any possible conflicts with any of the plugins or themes?
- Do you see any difference?

I was just about to reply that for some reason it works ok now.
I haven't changed anything so I don't know the reason. Maybe cache in the server? Router? I have no idea.

If it will happen again, I'll duplicate the site to the Dev environment and try what you suggested.

Minesh
Supporter

Ok sure, no problem.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

I'm afraid it's happening again.
I can try testing it in a dev environment, but since it's disappearing and repeating again I'm not sure what will be the results.

I'll update you

After hours of deactivating and activating 🙂
1. A plugin called Yet Another Stars Rating (Premium) is causing the problem with the double scrolling which blocks the ability to edit WYSIWYG fields.

2. I have another issue that did not resolve, no matter what I did. I can edit WYSIWYG fields when in the Visual tab, but when switching to the Text tab it's empty (I don't see what I wrote in Visual) and I can't do anything. Switching back to the Visual tab work ok now and I can edit.
When I checked with Chrome developer tools, seems like the text field has a class called element.style with settings of "visibility: hidden;".

I hope that helps.
Please advise what I can do to solve this problem and if you need access to my Dev environment, please let me know.

Thanks

Minesh
Supporter

1. A plugin called Yet Another Stars Rating (Premium) is causing the problem with the double scrolling which blocks the ability to edit WYSIWYG fields.
===>
I do not have your site access now so I could not able to download the Yet Another Stars Rating (Premium) plugin. Could you please send me admin access details as well as a link to download the Yet Another Stars Rating (Premium) plugin copy?

2. I have another issue that did not resolve, no matter what I did. I can edit WYSIWYG fields when in the Visual tab, but when switching to the Text tab it's empty (I don't see what I wrote in Visual) and I can't do anything. Switching back to the Visual tab work ok now and I can edit.
When I checked with Chrome developer tools, seems like the text field has a class called element.style with settings of "visibility: hidden;".
===>
Do you see the same issue with the test site I shared?
- https://toolset.com/forums/topic/double-browser-scrollbar/#post-2367693

Please activate privacy reply mode and I'll send you the details to Dev environment + my account details for the plugin, so you'll be able to install it on your test site.

And no, I don't see the same problem on the test site you shared.

Minesh
Supporter

That means the issue is on your site and its due to conflict with the plugin you are using or theme.

*** Please make a FULL BACKUP of your database and website.***
I would also eventually need to request temporary access (WP-Admin) to your site. Preferably to a test site where the problem has been replicated if possible in order to be of better help and check if some configurations might need to be changed.

I have set the next reply to private which means only you and I have access to it.

Minesh
Supporter

I've downloaded the Yet Another Stars Rating (Premium) plugin and install it on my test site:
- hidden link

I'm trying to edit post now which has 3-4 WYSISYG custom field:
=> hidden link

But I could not able to reproduce the issue. Could you please try to reproduce the issue with test site I shared?

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.