Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Divi Compatibility Issues

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user was not able to use the new Divi integration discussed in this article. The new view module for Divi that was included in Toolset Blocks.

Solution:
It turns out that he was not using the latest release of Toolset Blocks that includes it.
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-blocks/#changelog

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by ChuckGregory 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Jamal.

Author

Tell us what you are trying to do? I'm acting as a subcontractor on hidden link and I'm encountering some issues with functionality

Is there any documentation that you are following? I read https://toolset.com/forums/topic/fields-and-views-shortcodes-not-working-in-divi-builder/ and changed Divi settings but the Divi builder now takes forever to load.

Is there a similar example that we can see? n/a

What is the link to your site? hidden link

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

The old way of working with Divi was to create templates using Toolset, and then design them with Divi.

When Divi released a new Divi builder experience, this broke. The only way to continue to do the same was to change the Divi settings to use the classic version of the builder, but this became very slow, and has worsened with time, and is not really a viable option.

We decided not to support the new Divi builder experience because Divi introduced its own templating system, and users are likely to/expected to use Divi templates and the Divi builder, and you should avoid trying to mix Toolset and Divi-designed content on the same page, as described here: https://toolset.com/2020/01/how-to-build-advanced-sites-with-toolset-and-divi/

Recently we improved on this with a Divi View module for inserting Views into Divi-designed pages and templates, as described here (section 3): https://toolset.com/2021/01/toolset-blocks-1-4-brings-dynamic-sources-and-inline-fields-to-popular-block-plugins/

That pretty much covers the available options currently.

I have no issue with most of this decision; in particular, not being able to insert the shortcode directly in the editor is fine, although I'd like to disable the buttons for it if they don't work.

I do think the Toolset Shortcodes link in the admin bar should be able to work, though. And I'd like to have it available both in front and back end... I'm not sure what the workaround is, probably need to keep a tab open to help with shortcodes.

I really like the addition of a Toolset View module for Divi. BUT I don't see it. I added the Toolset Blocks plugin which I wasn't using, but that didn't help. Is there a Divi Specific plugin I should add?

Thanks for your help. Once I get past this stuff I can focus on why I get no results from my custom search view 😉

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

I understand your point of view and I am sure at some time we'll remove the buttons.

I assume that using another tab to build the shortcode is a workaround, but keep in mind that we do not recommend that. Use Toolset legacy editor or the Gutenberg editor to build views and content templates. Then include the view inside Divi designs with the view module.

The view model is available in the Toolset Blocks plugin. You don't need any additional plugins. If that's not working for you, allow me temporary access to check it. Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. **

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Thank you for the site credentials. However, for support rules, we are able to handle only one issue at a time. This helps us to bring you a better service and also helps other users to find all the information here exposed. For that reason, I have to kindly ask you to open a new thread if you need support with additional requests(displaying category checkboxes horizontally)

Regarding the absence of the Toolset View module in the Divi builder, this happens because you are not using the latest release of Toolset Blocks that includes the Divi module. Check this screenshot hidden link
The module was added to Toolset Blocks 1.4 as you can see in the changelog https://toolset.com/download/toolset-blocks/#changelog

Please make a full site backup, then update Toolset Blocks to version 1.4 and check again in the Divi Builder, you will get the new Views module.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you! I thought I had everything up to date... thanks for helping.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.