Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Fields and Views shortcodes not working in Divi Builder

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

Toolset allows inserting Fields and Views in Text Modules of Divi Builder when editing a Content Template with that builder.
Since Divi's update (3.25.1) inserting the generate ShortCode does not insert the ShortCode to the Text Widget text area anymore

Solution:

To use Toolset within the Divi Builder you must disable The Latest Divi Builder Experience. To do that to go to Divi -> Theme Options, click the Builder tab and in the Advanced section disable The Latest Divi Builder Experience and enable the Classic Editor option.

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/

0% of people find this useful.

This support ticket is created 4 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 16 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by philippeB-3 4 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
shortcode.png

I am trying to:
Add shortcodes to my CPT template using Divi Builder (Extra Theme)

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
Not relevant

I expected to see:
Shortcodes appearing in text module after clicking on Insert Shortcode

Instead, I got:
Nothing, back to the empty module

Hello,

The problem you mentioned above is abnormal, please check these:
1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins and Divi theme, you can download Toolset plugins here:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

2) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to original Divi theme, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

3) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/

Hello @Luo Yang

Thanks for your quick response.

1) Make sure you are using the latest version of Toolset plugins and Divi theme, you can download 

=> Got the latest installed

1) In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to original Divi theme, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again 

=> Deactivated all plugins, with no luck

1) Also check if there is any PHP/JS error in your website 

=> Nothing in the console and no error_log.txt created

Maybe I can give you access and/or FTP access
Thanks again

Since it's a compatibility problem, please provide a copy of your website, also point out the problem page URL. I need to test and debug it in my localhost.
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the details, I am downloading files, will update here if there is anything found

Ok thanks.

When I copy/paste from the Toolset Shorcode generator to Text Module, it works.
When I copy/paste from the Toolset Shorcode generator to any other module, it doesn't.

Beside, the fact that I can't module my theme options (Sidebar) is really problematic.
Thanks for your help.

divi-builder.JPG

Here are what I found:
Q1) Add shortcodes to my CPT template using Divi Builder (Extra Theme), I got:

I can duplicate the same problem in a fresh wordpress + latest version of Views plugin + the Extra theme 2.4.1 you provided in the duplicator package.

But I have tested it with Original Divi theme version 3.18.8, it works fine, see screenshot: divi-builder.JPG
So it is a compatibility problem with Extra Theme, can you test these:
1) test with the latest version of Divi theme + Views plugin in a fresh wordpress installation
2) test with the latest version of Extra theme + Views plugin in a fresh wordpress installation

Since I don't have a copy of latest version of Divi theme in my localhost, please confirm it is the compatibility problem only with Extra theme?

Q2) When I copy/paste from the Toolset Shorcode generator to any other module, it doesn't.

Which one is the "other module"? How and where do you paste the Toolset Shorcode? please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem

Q3) I can't module my theme options (Sidebar) is really problematic.
Please elaborate the question with more details, how and where do you want to module my theme options (Sidebar).
Same as above 2), I need detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

Hello,

Q1) Add shortcodes to my CPT template using Divi Builder (Extra Theme), I got:

I can duplicate the same problem in a fresh wordpress + latest version of Views plugin + the Extra theme 2.4.1 you provided in the duplicator package.

But I have tested it with Original Divi theme version 3.18.8, it works fine, see screenshot: divi-builder.JPG
So it is a compatibility problem with Extra Theme, can you test these:
1) test with the latest version of Divi theme + Views plugin in a fresh wordpress installation

=> same bug with latest Divi Theme 2.21.1 version and clean WP install

2) test with the latest version of Extra theme + Views plugin in a fresh wordpress installation
=> same bug with latest Extra 2.24.1 and clean WP install

Q2) When I copy/paste from the Toolset Shorcode generator to any other module, it doesn't.

Which one is the "other module"? How and where do you paste the Toolset Shorcode? please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem

In you documentation here => https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/displaying-fields-inside-any-divi-module/#displaying-fields-using-any-other-module

We're supposed to use ANY Divi module and to insert shortcodes generated from the Toolset Shortcode generator.
When I add shortcode in Button module for example => hidden link

this is what the output looks like => hidden link

Q3) I can't module my theme options (Sidebar) is really problematic.
Please elaborate the question with more details, how and where do you want to module my theme options (Sidebar).

In your documentation, we're supposed to gat Divi settings for each custom template => https://toolset.com/documentation/recommended-themes/toolset-divi-integration/create-templates-for-custom-post-types-with-divi-builder-and-toolset/#controlling-divi-settings-for-each-content-template

It is supposed to be located at the bottom of the CPT template editor.
It works with fresh WP install + latest Divi Theme installed but not Extra.

This is what I have => hidden link

Hence all my CPT have the default Divi post setting (whit sidebar) :-/

Thanks

New threads created by Luo Yang and linked to this one are listed below:

https://toolset.com/forums/topic/when-i-disable-title-in-those-settings-title-stays-in-the-cpt/

Thanks for the details, please provide a copy of Divi theme 2.21.1 in below private message box.

Thanks for the details,

Q1) I can duplicate the same problem with Divi 3.24.1 you provided above, however, in the Divi change logs:
hidden link

The latest version of Divi theme is 3.25.1, update yesterday.
There are lots of bug fixes in their change logs of version 3.25.1 and 3.25.

Can you test the latest version of Divi 3.25.1, if the problem still persists, please provide the copy of Divi 3.25.1.

Q2) For Divi theme, you will need to setup the shortcodes like this:

{!{wpv-post-title}!}

I have test it with Divi 3.24.1 in my localhost, it works fine. please test it in your website and confirm it, thanks

Q3) I can duplicate the same problem with Extra theme: "Theme Options" section does not display when edit the content template.
Please test and confirm the Q1), then I can escalate both issues.

Q1) I can duplicate the same problem with the latest version of Divi theme, so I have escalated this issue, will update here if there is any news.

For the new question:
Last thing, when I disable Title in those settings, Title stays in the CPT.

Please check the new thread here:
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/when-i-disable-title-in-those-settings-title-stays-in-the-cpt/

Ok thanks !

My bad, with Divi Extra theme, theme setting remains unavailable 🙁
=> hidden link

Thanks for the details, I have escalated the Extra theme issue too, will update here if there is any news.

Ok thank,

And do you know how to images in Image Module or Background settings of modules using shortcode ?
I can't seem to make it work.

Thanks

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.