Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Disable distance based, but keep maps location search option

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simchaH 1 year, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hi, is it possible to disable the distance based km/mi used in the maps, but still retain the option to "Enter a Location" in case someone wants to input a city or zip?

I don't want to simply hide the distance with CSS, I want to also make sure that the search does not run by checking the distance. In other words, if someone enters a city into the location, it should only display the results of whatever posts are in that city, not out of it.

Is this possible?
Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

The search linked to an "address" type field works as a whole. That is, it will be used for the distance-based search with respect to the complete address saved in that field and not just the city or zip.

For offering a city and/or zip search, you can add separate custom fields for 'city' and 'zip', and then you'll be able to add custom search fields for them, which will not be linked to distance-based search.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

So if I am unable to just remove the distance part, can we troubleshoot some issues? It seems like when I change the miles distance while searching, it doesn't give me the correct responses. If I search 10 mi from a location and then 100 mi from the same location, I'd get two different lists.

Thanks

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

Sure, can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the exact steps to see the issue?

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

I am busy working on other issues, will reach back out for this

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.