Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom shortcode in Elementor shortcode or text widget

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by davidH-33 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

Thank you, the issue with error message for non-logged users has been fixed with your advice. However I noticed that the shortcode for conditional displaying based on user roles works fine only in the View. When I put this shortcode directly into Elementor shortcode or text widget it outputs 0 even on pages of items with the right custom field text value. So I'm not sure If I have to change the conditional shortcode for using it in Elementor in some way.

[wpv-conditional if="( '[check_if_allowed_by_user_role user_id='[wpv-user field='ID']' field_slug='userrolefilmonline']' eq '1' )"]
Allowed!
[/wpv-conditional]

Hello,

Since it is a compatibility issue with other plugins (Elementor), please provide a test site with the same problem, also point out the problem page URL and where I can edit your custom PHP codes, I need a live website to test and debug it, thanks

Recently I have found that the issue was caused by some redirect. So my issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.