Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Search Filters

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 6 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by CharlesB2907 1 year, 4 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
Screenshot_181.jpg

Hello,

The website linked to this ticket is a sub-site in a WordPress multisite network.

We have three issues:

1. The search field icon shown in the attached screenshot appears stuck at the top of the field. It may be a simple issue but I can not find a way to adjust or to even center it in the field space. Is there a way to correct this?

2. Currently the only options for search are by selecting from the drop-down category and subcategory listing. Is there a way to extend the search to allow the visitor to search by item name?

3. There is a Stripe merchant account available. Can you please advise as to how I can add a "Buy Button" on the individual item pages and allow the visitor to check-out.

Thank you

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Screenshot 2022-11-21 at 08.48.34.png

Hi there

1. I looked at your site and the search dropdown. It looks like you have customised the dropdown (by "you" I mean possibly the theme, some plugin, or some extra styling or code), but it's not clear how just looking at the front end. If we can get access to the back end it may become clearer.

2. You can simply add a text search filter to your View search options. Click to Add Search Field, then choose the text search in the resulting dropdown (screenshot).

3. You can set up a store using WooCommerce, and make your artworks products. Visitors can then buy artworks through the store.

It doesn't look like you are currently using WooCommerce as far as I can tell, so it would mean quite a bit of work, you would need to set up your artwork posts as WooCommerce product posts.

I suggest you look at the course for customising WooCommerce stores with Toolset to get an idea of what's involved: https://toolset.com/course/custom-woocommerce-sites/

Let me mark your next reply as private so that we can get log-in credentials from you to look into the first issue—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the admin access details.

I found the dropdown/select search field on the "Gallery" ( /artwork/ ) page on the website.

There are a lot of CSS styles added inline in the page's markup, so it is not clear, whether the theme or some third-party plugin is interfering with the dropdown/select type field's styling.

However, you can include some custom CSS code that will center-align the dropdown icon, vertically:

select, .select2-container .select2-selection--single {
    background-position-y: calc( 100% - 55% );
}

Note: You can include this CSS code in any general CSS code section like, WP Admin -> Appearance -> Customize -> Additional CSS.

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance with this.

regards,
Waqar

Hello,

Thank you for your reply. The code provided only has one curly bracket, is that correct?

Hello,

Thank you, the code works, but it shows as an error in the custom CSS section.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for the update and glad that the code worked.

Yes, it just needs to have one curly bracket and if you're referring to the red highlighting in the custom CSS section, it is safe to ignore.

You're welcome to mark this ticket as resolved and start a new one for each new question or concern.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.