Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Post Types not in Menu Item List

This support ticket is created 3 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture.JPG

I created several new post types, and I would like to add a link for each post type in the menu, but the new post types aren't appearing in the menu list (see attached image).

Hello,

Please try this:
Dashboard-> Appearance-> Menus, click link "Screen Options", enable the custom post types you mentioned above, then test again

Luo,

Thank you for the response. Your answer did allow me to put the custom post types onto my menu list, but I realized that's not what I need to do. I want to add menu links to see all of a post type. So I think what I need to do is to add a category to each post type, and then create menu items for those categories.

Is there a way to assign a default category to a custom post type, so that each post of that type that is created, the category is automatically assigned to the post?

Thanks
Sean

You can edit your custom post type, in section "Taxonomies to be used with", enable those taxonomies you want,

More help:
https://toolset.com/course-lesson/creating-a-custom-post-type/

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.