Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom post not deleting, the CPT still exists, the post is still displaying

This support ticket is created 2 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Melody Paxton 2 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

The CPT is Floor Plans, one of the floor plans is no longer available, the client wants it deleted, the relationships have all been disconnected from the Community, and all other relationships, the post was put in the trash, and it still shows on the page and returns a 404.

The CPT field group still exists and has posts associated with it. None of the other posts are having this issue, at all. I cleared the site cache, the page cache, restored the post from the trash, made certain that the post was NOT associated or linked to any relationships, made sure it was properly showing after the restoration. Once I saw it functioning, I tried to change it to a draft, it still showed. I tried to schedule it for 2030, it still showed on the page, as a scheduled post. I cleared the cache again on the site and the page. I tried again to remove it to the trash, and it still shows.

Is there a possible conflict with the URL slug that is preventing it from being removed? If so, where in the database can I find post and manually remove it?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need access to the website's admin area. Can you please share temporary admin login details, along with the information about where that post is incorrectly showing?

I'll also need your permission to download a clone/snapshot of the website, in case, any abnormality in the database records, needs to be investigated.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Making sure you were able to access the site.

Did I miss an email? I wasn't sure if someone had logged in to look at the issue.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

I've checked the edit screen and the front-end single post pages for all "Communities", but couldn't find any broken or not found a link to a trashed/deleted "Floorplans".

Can you please share some details of where exactly, the deleted post's link can be seen?

The issue persisted for nearly 48 hours. The floor plan called Promenade 3 was most definitely in the "trash". I spent nearly an hour investigating the issue, and magically it was resolved. I have no idea how. Close the thread.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.