Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Post Image Field Cropping Preview on Admin Page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 3 years, 10 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author
ASHRAE_cropping_issue.JPG

I have a CPT with an image field. On the edit page for the post type (called "reps"), the thumbnail of the uploaded image is cropped, even though the full image is shown on the front end of the site. Can I override this cropping to show the full image on the edit page?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thanks for asking! I'd be happy to help.

The image field's preview box on the post edit screen shows the "thumbnail" size of the uploaded image as it is there just to give an overview and if the actual image is shown in its original size, it will take up a lot of space.

I'm afraid, there is no built-in option to change that box to show the full-sized image, but if you'd like to increase the size of the "thumbnail" sized images, it can be controlled through WP Admin -> Settings -> Media.

Note: Once you've changed any image size from this settings page, you'll need to regenerate all image thumbnails so that they're updated as per the new size. You can use a plugin like "Regenerate Thumbnails" for this ( https://wordpress.org/plugins/regenerate-thumbnails/ ) for this.

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.