Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom fields not visible within WP Admin User administration

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:
The user has created a user field group and it was not available for edit as an admin in all users.

Solution:
The user field groups are assigned to user by role. Check this screenshot http://prntscr.com/s43gcu

This support ticket is created 4 years ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 - - 9:00 – 13:00
14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 - - 14:00 – 18:00

Supporter timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Author

HI Support

We have a set of custom fields "Custom Nanny User Fields Group" which is visible for some roles but invisible to other roles, and I need some help to understand why.

When a potential Nanny User registers with us via Toolset User Form "New Native Nanny User Form", they can see all the custom fields from the "Custom Nanny User Fields Group". On successful completion of the form, they are assigned the role of "Unverified Nanny".

However when we look at the User in the WP Admin, we don't see these custom fields for the user.

However we have another custom role "Native Nanny", which is also allowed to use those Custom Nanny User Fields Group fields, and when we inspect a user with that role in the WP Admin, we can see all those custom fields no problem.

I inspected the Toolset Access Control for that field group under
Toolset > Access Control > Types Fields > User Meta Fields Access > Custom Nanny User Fields Group
and both roles should be allowed to view those fields, as should Guest role.

Our goal is to be able to edit some of those fields as Admin, score some criteria or maybe make some notes about the nanny before switching the role to "Native Nanny", which then allows that user to do more on our site.

What am I missing? Why can I not see those fields on the WP Admin for newly created Nannies with role "Unverified Nanny"?

Thanks and regards
Simon

I wanted to provide you access, please set up a private reply.

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Hello and thank you for contacting the Toolset support.

Your next reply will be private to let you share credentials safely. ** Make a database backup before sharing credentials. ** And make sure to update Toolset plugins to latest release.

HI Jamal

Did you just install a plugin called WP File Manager perhaps? I saw it pop up in the WP Admin and neither myself nor my colleague installed it. Since it has appeared I am not able to access the website at all.. I am still able to access WP Admin with the Recovery Mode or from the session which is currently alive..

Thanks for clarifying.

Regards
Simon

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Indeed, we have published a new Toolset Access version yesterday. It seems that the update has failed and left the plugin's folder inside plugins. I had to install WP File Manager to browse the plugins folder. Check this screenshot hidden link

I tried then to install it automatically and it failed again, so I installed it manually to continue on this ticket.

Each User fields group can be assigned to one or many roles. Check this screenshot hidden link
Maybe that's what you were looking for! Otherwise, please elaborate more on your question.

Hi Jamal

OK thanks for clarifying, and for fixing the faulty installation of Toolset Access.

That's exactly the setting I was looking for - I was looking everywhere for such a setting under Toolset Access, but couldn't find it. I set the options accordingly and now it works as expected.

Thanks for the quick solution!

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.