Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom fields are not showing in the backend when I am creating a post.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I am creating custom fields but when I want to create a post and fill out those custom fields they do not appear in the backend. Do I have to enable an option or is it a bug?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

My first recommendation would be to confirm if the custom field group is properly assigned to the target post type, as explained in this guide:
https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1647611-1620037/

If the fields still don't appear, I'll suggest the following steps:

1. Please make sure that WordPress, active theme and plugins are all updated to the latest versions.

2. It would be interesting to test this with all non-Toolset plugins disabled and a default theme like Twenty Twenty-One.

If the fields start showing, you can start adding the disabled items, one-by-one, to narrow down to a possible conflicting one.

3. In case the issue still persists, I'll need to see how these custom fields are added in the admin area. You're welcome to share temporary admin login details, along with the name of the custom fields group, that is not showing.

Note: Your next reply will be private and making a complete backup copy is recommended before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I noticed the website has an object cache enabled. I flushed the cache from WP Admin -> Settings -> Object Cache and the custom fields started showing.
( screenshot: hidden link )

Thank you, it was very helpful.

andres-cadmielG confirmed that the issue was resolved on 2023-11-30 17:36:00.
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.