Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Custom Field Filter setup

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

I want it to work like the taxonomy one if multiple criteria are selected it returns ALL the results that match EITHER of those two search criteria. Is there an easy way to do this?

Screenshot:
https://cdn.toolset.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/654193-Screen_Shot_2018_04_12_at_3.13.32_PM.png?x44922

Solution:

Please edit your view, change the filter from:
Price Rage is a string equal to URL_PARAM(...

To:
Price Rage is a number in URL_PARAM(...

And test again,

Relevant Documentation:

https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-custom-fields/

IN A list of values
Checks if the custom field value is within the list of compare values

This support ticket is created 6 years, 1 month ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by brianR-9 6 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Screen Shot 2018-04-12 at 3.13.32 PM.png

Tell us what you are trying to do?

On my views with front-end filtering for clients, I have a small dilemma. The taxonomy filters use an "and/or" system but the the custom fields use a "one and only" system. AKA when I select multiple checkboxes on a taxonomy system (for example, "Home type: single family AND townhome") it pulls all of the options that meet either of those criteria. Which I like and want with the custom fields filters. So then you move to "starting price" and if you select multiple checkboxes it won't return results (obviously b/c the items don't match both of those search criteria). I want it to work like the taxonomy one if multiple criteria are selected it returns ALL the results that match EITHER of those two search criteria. Is there an easy way to do this? What am i missing?

Is there any documentation that you are following?

No

Is there a similar example that we can see?

What is the link to your site?
hidden link
hidden link
hidden link
(Login: flywheel, password: generous-slope)

Hello,

Please edit your view, change the filter from:
Price Rage is a string equal to URL_PARAM(...

To:
Price Rage is a number in URL_PARAM(...

And test again,

More help:
https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/filtering-views-by-custom-fields/

IN A list of values
Checks if the custom field value is within the list of compare values

You, my friend, are a glorious stud! Thanks for helping with this. Knew it was an easy fix!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a Toolset client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.