Skip Navigation

[Resolved] custom field doesn't show in archive page

This support ticket is created 3 years, 9 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 9 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by WeiS2074 3 years, 9 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
Capture3.1.PNG
Capture2.PNG

I have one template for showing the archive. In the archive template designer, It can show "->$17" in the preview. but in the archive front-end. it misses this field.

Hello,

How do you setup the shortcode [get_comments_number], it is custom PHP codes, please share the PHP codes, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks

The content missed isn't comment no, but a toolset custom filed.

here is the shortcode to get comment number.
add_shortcode( 'get_comments_number', function () {

$posId = get_the_ID();
$ret = get_comments_number($posId);
return $ret;
} );

It is abnormal, how do you setup the custom field and field value, please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

This is a template for archive, all these custom fields are created inside of each individual cell of grid. they have an even width between them. I think it is hard to describe in language as there are many details. Would you like to login the website?

OK, please provide your website credentials in below private message box, also point out the problem page URL and WordPress Archive URL, thanks

I have tried the credentials you provided above lots of time, it does not work, and no error message, shows only the login form after click "Log in" button, please check it, make sure it is valid, thanks

I activate an action which redirect wp login page to my custom login page. It seems this function causes the problem. Do you have any idea to deactivate this function or code snipet plugin? otherwise I need to recover from backup and lost a week's work.

For the new login issue, I am not sure what kind of function you are talking about, I suggest you check the compatibility problem, for example:
In case it is a compatibility problem, please deactivate all other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme 2020, deactivate all custom PHP/JS code snippets, and test again

For the original issue of this thread, you can also provide a copy of your website in below private message box, you can put the package files in your own google drive disk, share the link only, also point out the problem page URL, I need to test and debug it in my localhost, thanks
https://toolset.com/faq/provide-supporters-copy-site/

Thanks for the help. I create another grid and custom filed, it resolve. No sure the reason. Anyway it works now.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.