Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Repeatable nested fields

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 5 years, 2 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have reviewed the site and I recognize that this is not part of the core, however, if there is any advice on approach or technical method to handle please advise! Thank you!

We are working on a fairly extensive project with Toolset and the specs have altered a tad where a CRED form will have multiple repeatable field groups. As the data works, the admin cannot go to another form to fill in the reparable fields because of how the user needs to reference the information to be entered into the repeatable fields. We need some way to keep the admin focussed on this one page with repeatable fields and all. Is there any way to do this so we may continue to use Toolset?

Thank you!

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Sammut,

Thank you for contacting us and I'll be happy to assist.

Your understanding is correct and currently, the way repeating field group works, it is not possible to incorporate them inside the main form that adds the parent content post.
( ref: https://toolset.com/documentation/getting-started-with-toolset/creating-and-displaying-repeatable-field-groups/front-end-forms-for-repeatable-field-groups/ )

Some work is underway to make this feature more streamlined, but I'm afraid, we don't have a time estimate to share at this time.

Unfortunately, at the moment this cannot be achieved through simple code snippets or workaround but you're welcome to add your voice for this feature request, through the form at:
https://toolset.com/home/contact-us/suggest-a-new-feature-for-toolset/

regards,
Waqar

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.