Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Post Form Emails Not Sending

This support ticket is created 5 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- - 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00 14:00 – 20:00
- - - - - - -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Ho_Chi_Minh (GMT+07:00)

This topic contains 63 replies, has 4 voices.

Last updated by Beda 5 years, 1 month ago.

Assisted by: Beda.

Author

I'm SO frustrated with Toolset forms right now. I've been having issues for months with email notifications not sending. I've tried SMTP plugins, I've tried using a dummy email account in cPanel & my webhost's server and I've tried Mailgun. SMTP plugins used to work until around November. Using my webhost's server worked until a few days ago and Mailgun worked a few times but now that's stopped too.

All my plugins & theme are up to date. I've tried all the usual troubleshooting things (deactivating plugins & using default theme) and I've tried installing a completely new site on my test domain with just default theme, Types & CRED and still the notifications don't send.

This morning I installed 'FormMaker by 10Web', added a contact form to a test page that uses a Types Content Template and used it several times to submit messages to gmail and hotmail accounts. All emails were sent and received successfully.

So please tell me; how come the Form Maker form works but my CRED form doesn't?

Christian looked at a dump of my site (in November I think) but he said he couldn't replicate the problem. I've spoken to my hosting provider and they've confirmed there are no settings that would block emails (and clearly that's true because the Form Maker form works).

But something is wrong and I need to know what it is. I've spent thousands of hours building a new site that I still can't launch until this issue is sorted.

There's no point in me providing dump files for my site; someone will need to poke around the live site. I have country blocking enabled so the support staff who looks at this needs to be in GB or US. US might be preferable so you can poke around whilst the site is unlikely to have any visitors.

Hello,

Thanks for the details, I can login into your website.

Since you did not point out the problem form URL, so I have tried these in your website:
1) Create a post form with email notification settings
hidden link

2) Put above form into a new page, and test it:
hidden link

I can get the email in my gmail box, it works fine, see screenshot: gmail.jpg

You can edit above form, in section "E-mail Notifications", option "Send notification to a specific email address:", replace with your own email address, and test it.

If you need more assistance for it, please check these:
1) Backup your website (I might need to deactivate plugins/theme)
2) Point out the problem form URL and page URL(where I can submit the form)

I need detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

mailgun-log.jpg
db.jpg

Thank you for looking at this. Please either block out my domain name & email addresses in your image or pop the image into a private field (what's the point of having all URLs in the forum hidden if they are then displayed in images?). I changed the Access setting for your form to include Guests and I also changed the post status of the post created to Draft (I don't want test posts being indexed).

I tried your form and couldn't understand why no post was created and the URL of the post displayed after submission looked odd, I then realised that the form maker plugin was still activated and was creating its own post type. I've de-activated this now and posts are being created.

I've used your form several times using several different email addresses (the admin email for the site, a hotmail account and a gmail account) and no emails are sent. The emails you received are shown in my Mailgun logs but there are no entries for the ones I sent. Since the form maker plugin's process appears to have been involved somehow when you submitted the post, I submitted the form as a Guest (at around 05.20 UK time) using your email address in the notification. As you can see from the two images, the post was created at 05.21 but there is no corresponding log entry in mailgun (it would have appeared where the black arrow is pointing in between the emails generated by Wordfence at 04.22 and 05.23). If despite this you received the notification, kindly follow the instructions in the email.

When you test submitting the form, it's important to do it several times as I have had instances where a submission will trigger a notification but when I try again (either to the same address or a new one), it doesn't work again.

Thank you

I have edited above answer to remove the image and URLs, and I have tried as a guest user, and test it in front-end:
hidden link

I get this error message:
Sorry, your request cannot be accepted.

It seems you are editing the post form:
hidden link

I see below error message:
**** has taken over and is currently editing.

So I can not do any debug in your website.

Please backup your website, and update here when your website is ready for debug.

Sorry; I'm out of it now. Please carry on.

Thanks, I have tried it again, and can get the email without any problem.

Here are detail steps:
1) Go to URL as a guest:
hidden link

fill the form and submit,

2) Check my Gmail box, I can see the email, works just fine.

I suggest you try with a gmail address, and check it in the spam folder of your gmail box.

Thank you; I can see the entries in my mailgun logs.

I have already tried using a gmail account (as I stated earlier). The issue isn't that the emails are going to spam; they are simply not being sent.

I've used your form several times using several different email addresses (the admin email for the site, a hotmail account and a gmail account) and no emails are sent. The emails you received are shown in my Mailgun logs but there are no entries for the ones I sent.

How do you explain this?

I submitted the form as a Guest (at around 05.20 UK time) using your email address in the notification. As you can see from the two images, the post was created at 05.21 but there is no corresponding log entry in mailgun

Did you get this email? I added a request to the notification content.

How do you explain that your submissions work but mine don't?

Q1) How do you explain this?
There might be other compatibility problem or server problem in your website, it seems only occurs to yourself, I suggest you check these:
Try with another browser/computer/ip address

You can simply ask other friend in somewhere else to submit that form and check the emails:
hidden link

Q2) Did you get this email?
No, I didn't get other emails submitted by you.

I have a dedicated IP address for my home broadband. If that were blacklisted somewhere, would that prevent notifications being sent when I submit the forms?

No, it might not prevent notifications being sent when I submit the forms, Toolset form is using wordpress built-in function wp_mail() to send the emails, this command is running in server side, I suggest you enable PHP debug mode, check if there is any PHP errors in your website:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/debugging-sites-built-with-toolset/#php-debugging

I already have debug enabled and I'm not getting any entries in that log when I submit forms. So what other factors would mean that notifications from the form when submitted by you are sent but notifications from the form when submitted by me are not sent? I just don't understand it.

As I mentioned above, it should be a compatibility problem or server problem in your website, this problem occurs only on yourself, there might be lots of factors which will conduct the problem.

Have you asked friends in other place to test above form?
Did you see the emails?

If the email is sent too, then you will try these:
1) Deactivate other plugins, and switch to wordpress default theme, and test again.
2) Try with another webserver, and test again.

As I said earlier, I've already been down the road deactivating everything and using default theme.

If there were a compatibility problem surely the issue would be the same for everyone? What sort of issue would affect just one user?

No, I am not sure what kind of server problem is in your website, as you can see, there isn't the same problem with my own email address in your website.

I assume you have already asked your friends to test above form and get the emails, then it should be a server problem.

According to our support policy, we don't provide server problem support, you might consider try it in another webserver.
https://toolset.com/toolset-support-policy/

I wasn't asking for server support; I was just hoping you might have had experience of this before and might have been able to suggest something so I can have a meaningful conversation with my webhost.

Thanks for testing.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.