Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED form visible only to Post Author

This support ticket is created 8 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

Tagged: 

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice.

Last updated by lindsayH 8 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I want my CRED post edit form to only be available and visible to the original author that posted to edit.

I tried this - found here https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-form-only-for-post-author/

[wpv-if evaluate="'[wpv-current-user info="login"]'= '[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="user_login"]'"]
  [cred_link_form form="Your CRED form"  text="Edit Profile"]
[/wpv-if] 

But it creates errors in the View. Is there a way to do this?

Resolved: I made sure in the CRED Frontend Access Group that the 'Edit Others Custom Post with CRED Form...' was NOT selected for the 'Custom Group' role I had set up... though of course they can Edit OWN Custom Post and Create OWN Custom Post.

Also with regards code posted above, the wpv-if is a apparently legacy shortcode - has been replaced with wpv-conditional. So something like below may work - though untested as above worked perfectly...

[wpv-conditional if="( '[wpv-current-user]' eq '[wpv-post-author format="meta" meta="user_login"]' )"][cred_link_form form="Your CRED form" text="Edit"][/wpv-conditional]
This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.