Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Cred Form Messages not showing up since 1.7

This support ticket is created 7 years, 10 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 9:00 – 12:00 -
- 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 13:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Author

Another bug for you.

Since Cred 1.7 the shortcode for form messages is not being shown. Cred 1.7.1 still does not fix this issue.

[cred_field field='form_messages' value='']

So users have no clue on why there form submissions are not being posted or updated.

Shane
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: America/Jamaica (GMT-05:00)

Hi Jane,

Thank you for contacting our support forum.

Just to confirm, the error message displays over the field itself correct?

Please let me know.
Thanks,
Shane

No, let me try this again.

When a form is submitted with missing required fields or other problems.
The error message for each field is fine.

There used to be a summary listing all the error's that appeared at the top of the form .... but since Cred 1.7 this does not show up at all.

The code on the form is
[cred_field field='form_messages' value='']

I found another person posting the same problem.
https://toolset.com/forums/topic/cred-error-message-block-not-displayed-after-the-last-update/

I hope this explains the problem better.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

Thanks for clarifying.

I was able to replicate this issue and have already reported it to our development team.

Hopefully a fix will come for this soon.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

Could you update to version 1.7.1 of CRED as the issue seems to be fixed in this version.

Thanks,
Shane

Hi Shane,

Thank you for looking into this problem, but as I said

Since Cred 1.7 the summary error message box that appeared at the top of the form had vanished and Cred 1.7.1 still does not fix this issue.

I hope this problem can be fixed soon as it will cause major problems for my future plans. Thanks.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

I need the exact replication steps of this issue so I can pass it to our developers.

Do you have any custom validated fields on your form ?

These are fields that use our hooks to validate them.

Please let me know as well.
Thanks,
Shane

All forms created by cred for posts and users.

I have a sample set up for you to see when you log in to see my other problems.

Shane, just to clarify it's the "Post Not Saved" Error Message that is missing at the top of all forms.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

Could you provide me with the login for the website ?

The private fields have been enabled.

Also could you point me to the test forms that you have created as well.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

I believe I know where the bug is.

So i tested this on my local install and it works when you have custom validations for the fields. I get the validation errors and the post not being saved message.

Would you mind installing the most recent version of CRED so I can have a look at it on this version as well?

I'm currently in dialogue with our development team to see what changes were made. I suspect it may have something to do with the AJAX since custom validations on fields work with the error summary.

Maybe as a workaround you can do a custom validation on the field be using the Hook, to check if the field is empty.

Thanks,
Shane

Shane
Supporter

Previous versions of CRED can be downloaded from below.
https://toolset.com/download/toolset-cred/#changelog

Hi Shane,

I don't know why you keep telling me to install the most recent version When I have 1.7.1 installed ever since I started this report and its the most recent version and its the version causing the problem.

I could roll back to 1.6 when it was working but I'm working on a few ideas as a workaround using conditional.

Shane
Supporter

Hi Jane,

Thats what I mean 🙁

I just realise that I had some typo. I meant to roll back so that I can see.

Thanks,
Shane

Ok... i have rolled back to cred 1.6
All cred forms work perfect it even solved my other problem https://toolset.com/forums/topic/how-do-you-remove-parent-via-a-cred-form/

but .... now I get Toolset access warnings ..... but i guess i could fix that with a roll back as well or roll back all toolset plugins.

You can log back in to see.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.