Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED Form: Getting "this field is required" errors even when fields are filled

This support ticket is created 2 years, 2 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 7 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 11 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

hidden link

When submitting this form, the second and third fields (Job Name and Job Description) are returning "this field is required" errors.

This form has been in use for 3+ years and I've never experienced this before. Not sure what might be causing it now.

Any guidance you can offer is appreciated. Thank you.

Further information: if the fields are intentionally left blank, the form validation fails immediately and this error is returned:

<small for="cred_form_1077_1_1_post_title" generated="true" class="wpt-form-error">This field is required</small>

However, if the fields are filled, the form attempts to process and a couple seconds later this error is returned:

<label class="wpt-form-error" for="cred_form_1077_1_1_post_title" generated="true">Job Title This field is required</label>

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

To troubleshoot this, I'll need to see how this form is set up in the admin area.

Can you please share temporary admin login details, in reply to this message?

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

regards,
Waqar

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for sharing the admin access.

During troubleshooting, I noticed that the form "Job Posting" seems to be configured correctly and it is strange that validation message shows, even when the fields have values.

Do I have your permission to download a clone/snapshot of your website? This will allow us to investigate this in more depth on a test server.

Waqar, thank you for investigating.

Yes, you have my permission to clone the website for further investigation. If you need additional information from me please let me know. I appreciate your help.

Waqar
Supporter

Thank you for the permission.

During troubleshooting on your website's clone, I was able to confirm that this is the compatibility issue with the Events Calendar plugin, which is already reported here:
https://toolset.com/errata/events-calendar-update-breaks-toolset-post-forms/

The fix for this will be included in the future releases of Toolset Forms, but for now, there are two workarounds that you can use:

1. In your Toolset forms settings, you can turn on the option "Submit this form without reloading the page (use AJAX)".

OR

2. If for some reason, you'd like to prefer form submission without the AJAX, you can download and apply the patch available on the issue description page.
( ref: https://toolset.com/errata/events-calendar-update-breaks-toolset-post-forms/ )

Waqar, thank you. Enabling the "Submit this form without reloading the page (use AJAX)" option seems to have resolved the issue. I have successfully submitted the form.

I should have guessed that it was The Events Calendar causing a conflict, even though these forms don't interact directly with any calendar functions. Their suite of plugins (The Events Calendar, The Events Calendar Pro and Community Events) have not interfaced well with your plugins (Layouts in particular) and it's been a constant battle with this particular site which is heavily dependent upon both.

I appreciate your thorough and accurate reply!

Waqar
Supporter

I wanted to let you know that the latest releases of Toolset plugins include a fix for this issue.

If the updates do not show up on your plugin installer page (click the registered link beneath the plugin name to go to the custom installer page) click the 'Check for Updates' button to update the list.

Or you can download the latest versions from your accounts page: https://toolset.com/account/downloads

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.