Skip Navigation

[Resolved] CRED fields getting data after plugin update

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 1 year, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

I have updated the Toolset forms plugin from an older version. I have an Edit User form that no longer sees the user data in custom user fields. Here is a line of code that worked in the previous version of toolset.
[cred_field field='studio-city' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']

The data for this field is stored in the user_meta table, with a meta_key of 'wpcf-studio-city' -
I have tried editing the code to:
[cred_field field='wpcf-studio-city' value='' urlparam='' class='form-control' output='bootstrap']
and that does not work.

The user form is titled Edit Profile. I have a dev copy of the site set up, and I have created a user so you can have a look. I previously had contacted toolset about this, but then did not have a chance to follow up.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi there

Let me set up a private reply to get log-in credentials for that dev site from you—you may want to create a temporary admin user for us to use that you can later delete. And be sure to have a current backup of your site.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for sharing the access details.

I noticed that Toolset's main plugin 'Toolset Types' is not active on the website. The Toolset Types plugin is the one that is responsible for registering custom post types, custom fields, and custom taxonomies.

Without this plugin, the form has no information about the 'studio-city' field or any other field registered through Toolset.

After installing and activating the Toolset Types, this field should be useable in the form. You can download the Toolset plugins from our download page at:
https://toolset.com/account/downloads/

regards,
Waqar

HI Waqar,

thanks for reivew, and at first I thought, wow, and easy solution. But alas, problems persist.
1) The plugin is actually installed, but it does not show up in the plugins list. I know this because of trying to install, if I do I get a message that it already exists (which I can confirm by viewing folder via ftp). If I tell the install to replace, it does so, but again, plugin is not visible in list. If I tell it to activate plugin during this process, I get a "you do not have permission to do activate" (exact wording maybe not correct.)

2) Ok, so conflicts. I disabled all plugins. I changed themes to twenty-twentythree. And I have the same problem. The plugin is not visible in the plugins list, and when I try to install from zip and activate, I get a message that I do not have permissions to do this.

Any ideas?

HI Waqar,

I was able to get toolset types to show up in plugins list by removing every other plugin from directory (shrug). And I was able to activate it. BUT, because the license is for 1 site, I can't activate on my development site. This is a huge pain. I need to make sure everything is working before I make updates to live site. I can't simply copy the site because the live site is actively being used. Having to purchase 2 licenses so I can develop my site seems a bit unreasonable. Am I missing something?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thank you for sharing this update and I see the Toolset fields in the form now.

It is strange that the Toolset Types plugin is not showing in the plugins list. It could be that your server's file permissions or security policies are limiting access to that folder. You can consult your hosting support team, to investigate this further.

As for registering the Toolset site key, you don't have to register it on both, the production and the staging websites. Registration is needed only for the automatic updates of the Toolset plugins. You can register the site key on the development website to be able to apply the updates automatically and on the staging website, you can update the plugins manually:
https://toolset.com/faq/how-to-install-and-register-toolset/#registering-toolset-in-a-development-environment

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.