Skip Navigation

[Closed] Creating Relationships

This support ticket is created 2 years, 3 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Waqar 2 years, 3 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Hey there,

We are trying to achieve a scenario where I can associate the list of tags with the taxonomy and create a relationship

We have a list of all tags in a database table.
Here for reference, We have field Speciality, through which users can select tags & can assign themselves tags from their profile,
hidden link

Now we want to create/associate a relationship between a list of all tags to my taxonomy
For reference: hidden link
Here we have the option to associate post type to taxonomy,
I want to display a list of tags and associate it to taxonomy.

how can we associate a list of tags to that taxonomy

Can you suggest to us a way to do so, how can we achieve this?

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us and I'd be happy to assist.

From your message, I understand that the tags are currently stored in a custom table and not as WordPress taxonomy terms.

If that is correct, I'll recommend importing those tags, as taxonomy terms and then you'll be able to perform the operations like attaching them to posts, in front-end forms, and/or performing a search through those tags/terms in views.

There are a number of third-party import/export plugins available, which can import bulk taxonomy terms, from CSV or other types of data files.
( for example hidden link )

I hope this helps and please let me know if you need any further assistance around this.

regards,
Waqar

There are no option to add Term to Taxonomy in WordPress backend please let us know how we can achieve that.

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Thanks for writing back.

You can register a custom taxonomy from WP Admin -> Toolset -> Taxonomies -> Add New, if you need to import these terms in a new taxonomy.
( ref: https://toolset.com/lesson-placement/lesson-placements-1620889-1620059/ )

For the bulk import of the terms, you'll need a third-party import plugin like "WP All Import", as explained in the guide that I shared in my last message:
hidden link

In case you have a different requirement, you're welcome to share some more details along with the temporary admin login details of your website, so that the requirement is more clear.

Note: Your next reply will be private and it is recommended to make a complete backup copy, before sharing the access details.

The topic ‘[Closed] Creating Relationships’ is closed to new replies.