Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Create a type of publication that can be interactive for 3 types of members

This support ticket is created 2 years, 6 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

No supporters are available to work today on Toolset forum. Feel free to create tickets and we will handle it as soon as we are online. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

This topic contains 24 replies, has 3 voices.

Last updated by frederiqueC 2 years, 6 months ago.

Assisted by: Waqar.

Author

Re,
J'ai tenté de faire le lien entre les chroniques et les services presse en faisant en sorte que cela prenne le nom du titre du livre mais je n'y parviens pas.
Comment faire ?
Cordialement

Re,
Pardon, tout va bien. J'avais juste oublié que les services presse avaient pour statut "pending".

Frédérique Creton

Re,
La seule problématique que je rencontre à l'heure actuelle et que je ne parviens pas à afficher le titre du livre pour lequel le chroniqueur a fait une demande de chronique dans la seconde view intitulée "mes-demandes-de-chroniques" dans la page "hidden link".
Il doit être question de grand-parent ou de petit-fils ou quelque chose dans le genre.

Je continue pour le reste!

Maintenant que j'ai fait mes différentes pages, comment faire pour que l'éditeur soit au courant qu'un chroniqueur ait publié sa demande de chronique afin qu'il lui propose de lui envoyer le SP?
Comme le chroniqueur sera tenu au courant de la publication de sa demande de chronique par mail, comment faire pour que l'éditeur le soit également en même temps par mail?

Jamal
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) French (Français )

Timezone: Africa/Casablanca (GMT+01:00)

Binesur, je peux assigner les tickets directement à Waqar, et vous pouvez aussi le demander si quelqu'un d'autre prend le ticket.

Pour la question des notifications, vous pouvez utilisez les notifications sur les formulaires. Par défaut vous pouvez envoyer la notification à l'utilisateur du poste. Mais pour l'envoyer à un autre utilisateur, via une relationship, ça pourrait demander un peu de code, et on pourrait vous aider avec.

Je pense qu'on pourrait traiter les notifications une fois on établit tout le process. Par ce que je pense que ce n'est pas encore fait. Par example, sur cette page hidden link
Vous avez deux views, toutes les deux sont configurés pour retourner des postes chroniques, alors que je pense qu'ils devrait chercher les post service de press.

Puisque une chronique est la réponse à une demande presse service. Prenant les chroniques par exemple:
- Pour voir les demandes, il faudrait une view des service press.
- Pour voir leurs propres réponse à ces demandes(les chroniques), il faudrait une view des chroniques.

Sur la première view, il faudrait des liens qui mennent directement aux pages des services presse. Donc, une content template pour les services presse. Dessus, il peuvent utiliser le formulaire pour créer leurs chroniques.
Sur les deuxième view, il verront leurs propres chroniques, et leurs status(acceptés par le demandeur ou pas encore, ou annulés, etc.)

Hi Waqar,
I asked you to take back my support ticket while Jamal is on vacation.
I'll explain the situation to you. As you know, I am developing a web platform around books and reading. I set up a feature called "Press Services". The purpose of this feature is to allow literary columnists to receive from publishers (those who publish writers' books, not wordpress editors) and self-publishers an uncorrected book prior to publication. With this uncorrected book called the press service, columnists can develop a review that will be broadcast on social networks, on his blog, etc ...
Coming back to my functionality, what is desired is that there is a kind of boomerang between the proposals made between an editor and those of a columnist around a press service and columns.
1. The publisher sends an SP
2. The columnist makes a request to write a column.
3. The editor studies the request made by the columnist and accepts or rejects it.
4. If the column request is accepted, the publisher sends the digital or paper file. If digital, send the file to the columnist. If on paper, send the columnist's address (which should only be accessible to this editor)
5. Once his column is prepared, he sends the content to the editor for evaluation.
6. The publisher accepts or refuses publication of the column.
7. The columnist receives confirmation or denial of publication of his column.

For now, we have seen with Waqar how to set up the 1st stage. The distribution of the press service by the publisher and the column proposal by the columnist.
For this, we have set up two types of publication: "Press services" and "Chronicles" then the personalized fields, the "Books-press services" and "Press-Chronicles" relationship, the relative publication formulations as well as the different views. I will do another ticket with the different steps and the different links. There, I'm just explaining before I forget something.
The goal, now, to be able to successfully implement the other stages.
And there, I need help.
I come back with another ticket in the afternoon listing the different steps implemented and the related urls.

Regards
Frederique

Hello Waqar again,
Here are the details of the steps already implemented with Jamal.
1. The creation of a type of content: "Press services" allowing publishers (natural persons publishing writers' books and the "role of editor" in wordpress) to distribute press services to columnists who must offer in return chronicles to be validated: hidden link
2. These custom fields: hidden link
3. the publication forms: hidden link and hidden link = edit & ref = dashboard
4. The relationship with books: hidden link
5.the relationship form: hidden link
6. The page containing the view leading to the form + the view to list the press services disseminated: hidden link

7. For columnists who have to propose a column and have it validated.
The type of publication: "Chronicle": hidden link
8. The relative custom fields: hidden link
9. The relative publication forms: hidden link and hidden link 4305 & action = edit & ref = dashboard
10. The relationship with the press services:
hidden link
11.The relationship form:
hidden link
12. The page containing the view leading to the form + the view to list the chronicle disseminated : hidden link

Here is everything I have already done for this feature.

Regards
Frédérique

Hello Waqar,
I come back to you. I wanted to move forward on my own but I can't. I need your help at least for you to explain to me how to set up an intermediate step.
Here are the hoped-for steps for my functionality:
1. The publisher distributes a press service to columnists
2. The columnist offers his column from the press service published by the editor
For these first 2 steps, it's ok. This has been seen with Jamal.
3. The editor accepts or rejects the request made by the columnist. If he accepts, he sends the columnist the digital file or asks for the columnist's postal address to send him the Clipboard Service.
4. The columnist sends his column to the editor for evaluation.
5. The publisher validates or rejects it
6. If the editor has validated the column, the columnist can post it on his social networks and / or on his blog.
At each stage, the editor and the columnist must receive an email indicating the progress in the process. (I block on the point also).
For the moment, I have created:
1- The types of content:
To. Press services: hidden link
b. Chronicles: hidden link
2- Custom fields:
To. For press services: hidden link
b. For the chronicles: hidden link
3- Publication forms:
To. For press services:
1.add a press service: hidden link
2.modify a press service: hidden link
3. Press services: accept and send: hidden link
4. Press services: validate the column: hidden link
b. For the chronicles:
1.add a column: hidden link
2. edit a column: hidden link
3.Chronic to read and process: hidden link
Pages with views:
To. For publishers:
b. For columnists:

My difficulties are to be able to associate / connect each form to the right member who should receive it. I thought to put a view in a view but it's impossible + create an email each time a step has been made throughout the process.

Here is
Regards

Waqar
Supporter

Languages: English (English )

Timezone: Asia/Karachi (GMT+05:00)

Hi Frédérique,

Thank you for waiting, as I carefully reviewed the requirements that you've shared.

What you're trying to achieve is challenging, because there are a number of steps and actions involved, some of which will require code customizations. For this reason, I'll strongly recommend hiring a professional to complete this project, if you're not comfortable with writing custom PHP functions, on your own.
( ref: https://toolset.com/contractors/ )

I'm going to add some notes about the steps that you've shared:

1. The publisher distributes a press service to columnists

I see that you've added a "Services presse" post type to record each task from the publisher.

You've also added a custom field group "Champs pour Services Presse" with the fields that you need. I would also include another field like "Services presse status", which can have possible values:
- Open (default)
- Assigned/In progress
- Completed

As the name indicates, when a new "Services presse" post will be created it will be "Open" for columnists to apply to.

When the editor has accepted any columnist's request, the status of this "Services presse" post will be changed to "Assigned/In progress".

And when this "Services presse" task has been completed, the status will be changed to "Completed".

Note: In place of "Services presse status" field, you can use the default post statuses, like "Pending review", "Draft", "Published", but, I find using a custom field for this more helpful and descriptive since you can control the text of status options.

I would also include a select type custom field "Services presse status assigned to", which will include the list of all the columnists, as options and when this "Services presse" is assigned to a columnist, his/her ID will be saved in this field.

Note: you won't have to add those columnist options, manually for this field and the "wpt_field_options" filter can be used to generate these options, programmatically:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/types-api-filters/#wpt_field_options

2. The columnist offers his column from the press service published by the editor

If we think of "Services presse" as tasks, then we need a post type to collect applications for these tasks. I would add a new custom post type "Services presse applications" for this. This post type will have a "one-to-many" relationship with the "Services presse" post type, so that each "Services presse" can have many "Services presse applications".

This post type will include custom fields like why are you interested, how soon can you deliver, in what formats you can deliver etc. You can also include a "Services presse application status" field, which can have these options:
- Pending approval (default)
- Accepted
- Rejected

3. The editor accepts or rejects the request made by the columnist. If he accepts, he sends the columnist the digital file or asks for the columnist's postal address to send him the Clipboard Service.

When columnists will see an "Open" state "Services presse" post, they can visit that post's single page and then apply to provide their service for this "Services presse" post, using a form to add a new "Services presse applications".

The editor will see all the "Services presse applications" posts that are in the "Pending approval" state and then will be able to "Accept" or "Reject" them, using two separate forms.

The "Reject" form will simply change this post's status field to "Rejected" and the "Accept" form will change it to "Accepted". The "accept" form will also change the related "Services presse" post's "Services presse status" field to "Assigned/In progress" and the "Services presse status assigned to" field to have the value of the columnists, whose application has been accepted.

Note: You can use the "cred_save_data" hook to execute a custom function, when a certain form has been submitted:
https://toolset.com/documentation/programmer-reference/cred-api/#cred_save_data

4. The columnist sends his column to the editor for evaluation.

If "Services presse" are tasks, "Services presse applications" are applications for those tasks, then we'll need another post type that will hold the completed product or outcome of that task. This is where your custom post type "Chroniques" comes in. This post type will include the fields related to the actual column's data including fields for any supporting files and the "Chroniques status" field, which can have these options:
- In process (default)
- Submitted for the editor review
- Submitted for the publisher review
- Accepted
- Rejected

After a "Services presse" has been awarded to a columnist, he/she can add a new "Chroniques" post and as the work progress, keep editing it to include and update the relevant information about the column. Once it is ready, a form can be used to send it for the editor's approval, by changing the status to "Submitted for the editor review".

5. The publisher validates or rejects it

Once the editor has approved it, its status can be changed to "Submitted for the publisher review". Using another set of forms, the publisher can either approve or reject it, by changing the status to "Accepted" or "Rejected".

The form that will set this "Chroniques" post's status to "Accepted" will also change the related "Services presse" post's "Services presse status" to "Completed".

I hope this overview of the workflow and steps will make it more clear. If you have any follow-up questions related to this overview, please share them through this ticket.

For questions related to details of how a certain element used at a particular step, will need to be set up, you're welcome to start a new ticket, for each step/element.

regards,
Waqar

Hi Waqar,
I contacted a "contractor" before receiving your message.

I will send him everything you listed.

Regards.

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.