Skip Navigation

[Escalated to 2nd Tier] Content template "View with" issue

This support ticket is created 3 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Our next available supporter will start replying to tickets in about 5.19 hours from now. Thank you for your understanding.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 5 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by Luo Yang 3 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author
ezgif.com-video-to-gif-2.gif

Hi guys,

I'm trying to create a new content template with the "Don't assign to any post type" option to it.

I am using the block editor here, because I want to put a gallery block that pulls images from a repeating image custom field. Also this gallery has a custom collage layout.

Here is the thing: This content template is going to be embedded somewhere and it has to contain data from my Profiles CPT, however while I edit it in the block the "View with" option only lists items from my Products CPT, and when I write a Profile's name there it returns nothing.

So in this case I am not able to actually configure the custom layout because it thinks there are no images in the gallery.
And at that stage the gallery block's settings (where I need to configure the custom collage laoyt) are hidden.

I'm attaching a .gif to visualise the issue better.

Also notice how there was nothing listed when I clicked on the Source (Select a Source) field?
This was also strange.

Hello,

I can login your website, but your website isn't in English.

Which one is the content template you mentioned above?
Where do you want to display it?
Please provide detail steps to duplicate the same problem, thanks

Hi Luo,

Thanks for looking into this...

Just create a new Content Template to test it out.

It is supposed to be embedded into the "Template for Профили" (Профили , means Profiles).

If you open any profile page on the user front-end you will see that behind their avatar there is a gallery with a custom collage layout based on the amount of photos they have in the gallery repeating field (and if they don't have I just display a default pattern wallpaper).

To achieve the effect of layout evolution based on amount of photos inside the gallery repeating field, I have 9 conditionals inside the "Template for Профили".
In every conditional I check for the amount of uploaded photos into the gallery repeating field, and assign a different gallery block with custom collage layout based on that.

However when I include my 9 conditionals into my "Template for Профили" and try to modify the custom collage layouts based on the amount of photos that the user has - this is what happens:

hidden link

Did you notice?
The Профил/Profile has two photos in their gallery, but the gallery block behind the conditional that is supposed to listen for 5 is actively giving me a preview. And I can see the settings for the custom collage layout only for the block that is supposed to take care of profiles with 5 photos in their gallery. (already another bug here?)

.. so in order to workaround this(bug?), I decided:

Hey, why not create 9 Content Templates and then only call them from within conditionals inside the "Template for Профили".
This way, while I work on the gallery block, I won't be facing this strange conditional bug that mistakes 5 for 2, and I will be able to see the settings for all 9 blocks just using a single profile with all 9 photos in their gallery.

But my decision was not fruitful, because my New Content Template is being worked on with a Product, and not a Profile that has the needed custom field data.

I guess that if you have an answer to the question - why the autocomplete in "View with:" field only looks for items in the Products custom post type, and not in all pages & posts(cpt incl.) - that might solve the issue.

I hope that helps you get a better idea of the issue(s) whereabouts.

D.

Thanks for the details, the problem is the field "View with" can not select posts of custom post type "Профили", so won't be able to insert custom fields of post type "Профили" into content template, can you confirm it?
I will escalate this issue.

Well I believe I've spent enough time describing my problem, nothing more to add to it.

Thanks for the information, I have escalated this issue, will update here if there is anything news.