Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content template behaving differently on new posts than on old posts

This thread is resolved. Here is a description of the problem and solution.

Problem:

All posts created as of today are behaving strangely.

Solution:

I suggest you edit those problem posts, setup the post author, and test again.

Relevant Documentation:

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 9:00 – 13:00 -
- 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 14:00 – 18:00 -

Supporter timezone: Asia/Hong_Kong (GMT+08:00)

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by simonM-5 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Luo Yang.

Author

I am trying to:
Display info retrieved from custom search in "small format" >> user clicks a link on the "small format" and the full post should be displayed.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen:
hidden link

I expected to see:
All grey cards (the "small format") behaving the same way, ie displaying the same content.

Instead, I got:
All posts created as of today are behaving strangely
1) not displaying the profile photograph correctly
2) not displaying the user first name correctly
3) not displaying the calculated age
4) when clicking into the "big format", ie the full post, the calculated age is not displaying correctly, despite using a copy/paste of the short codes (ie the section containing Photo, User First Name, Age)

Hello,

Please try these:
1) Edit the post type "Native Nanny Ads":
hidden link
in section "Sections to display when editing", enable option "Author"

2) Go to "Native Nanny Ads" post list:
hidden link

You should be able to see in column "Author", those two posts are empty, it conducts the problem you mentioned above, I suggest you edit those two posts, setup the post author, and test again.

Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 12.04.31.png
Screenshot 2019-11-12 at 12.04.48.png

Hi Luo

OK, that has helped somewhat to understand parts 1) and 2) and 3) of the problem.

What about 4)? We are using the same shortcode to display the age in the "big format" (full post), but for some reason it seems to lose context and displays the PHP code (compare the 2 screenshots)

Thanks and regards
Simon

Dear Simon,

I have done below modifications in your website, edit the content template:
hidden link

Edit below codes from:

{!{[time_ago birthdate='{!{types usermeta='nanny-date-of-birth' output='raw' user_current='false'}!}{!{/types}!}']}!}

To:

{!{time_ago birthdate='{!{types usermeta='nanny-date-of-birth' output='raw' user_current='false'}!}{!{/types}!}'}!}

There are extra [] characters in your previous codes, removing them can fix the problem, please test again, check if it is fixed. Thanks

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.