Skip Navigation

[Resolved] Content Layout Editor will not open

This support ticket is created 4 years, 5 months ago. There's a good chance that you are reading advice that it now obsolete.

This is the technical support forum for Toolset - a suite of plugins for developing WordPress sites without writing PHP.

Everyone can read this forum, but only Toolset clients can post in it. Toolset support works 6 days per week, 19 hours per day.

Sun Mon Tue Wed Thu Fri Sat
- 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 7:00 – 14:00 -
- 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 15:00 – 16:00 -

Supporter timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices.

Last updated by MargeP6083 4 years, 5 months ago.

Assisted by: Nigel.

Author
content_editor_won't_open.png

I am trying to follow instructions to create a "My Account" page https://toolset.com/documentation/user-guides/building-the-my-account-page/

I saved draft as instructed. When i click on Content Layout Editor button, it will not open. I get the error in the photo.

Link to a page where the issue can be seen: admin create page.

I can't move further from this to continue the page.

Nigel
Supporter

Languages: English (English ) Spanish (Español )

Timezone: Europe/London (GMT+01:00)

Hi Marge

We're in the process of updating our documentation to move away from using Layouts towards using the Block editor (Gutenberg) instead, and as a new user I suggest you do not use Layouts. Later this month we'll be releasing the production release of Toolset Blocks and using the block editor will be the recommended workflow going forward. You would still be able to use the old workflows, but as a new user I would start out with the block editor. The documentation will be revised when that goes live.

You could disable Layouts and download the Views beta from your downloads page (toolset.com/account/downloads, switch to the beta channel) and install that in place of the current Views version.

Then design your page much like in the tutorial you linked to but using the blocks editor. We don't have that documentation live yet, but it should be fairly intuitive.

If you want to continue using Layouts as per the tutorial then I just checked and confirm the problem you describe when saving as a draft, but if you publish the page you can then proceed as described.

I've shared feedback with the developers about that problem.

We can leave this ticket open for a little while so that if you get stuck trying out the block editor let me know and I'll try and help you.

Thanks! I thought I saw a notice about Layouts, but I wasn't sure. I tried Beaver Builder and was able to get that to work.

My issue is resolved now. Thank you!

This ticket is now closed. If you're a WPML client and need related help, please open a new support ticket.